Need help understanding your bill?
Cassie2687's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, March 14th, 2019 11:06 PM

Customer service

AT&T has by far the worst customer service around. We have had NOTHING but troubles since we switched to their service. When we first switched, we were told that we would be getting a payoff for the prior service, however we never received this payoff because the salesman had us buy items in the store. Just recently, I sent in my identification card to get the First Responder discount and had 3 emails saying that we had to call to verify my employment. When I called they had me email my I.d. a second time. Just tonight I got an additional email and was told that they were not able to verify this due to the account being in my mother’s name even after being told that it DID NOT have to be in mine. We will be paying off our services and switching to another provider. 

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

5 years ago

@Cassie2687 wrote:

AT&T has by far the worst customer service around. We have had NOTHING but troubles since we switched to their service. When we first switched, we were told that we would be getting a payoff for the prior service, however we never received this payoff because the salesman had us buy items in the store. Just recently, I sent in my identification card to get the First Responder discount and had 3 emails saying that we had to call to verify my employment. When I called they had me email my I.d. a second time. Just tonight I got an additional email and was told that they were not able to verify this due to the account being in my mother’s name even after being told that it DID NOT have to be in mine. We will be paying off our services and switching to another provider. 

You were told incorrectly. The receive the first responder discount, the account must be in the name of the eligible person. You mother can transfer billing responsibility to you if you want to qualify. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

We also tried to do that and it never went through. Still not happy with AT&T.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.