For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Janakins65's profile

Teacher

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, May 27th, 2018 11:38 PM

Customer service issues

After many years of being an ATT customer and DirecTV customer I have come to realize they really dont care about existing customers. It's the new customers who receive all the promotions and nothing for LOYAL customers. New customer=BIG  discount  existing customer will pay FULL price for everything. 

I've had their service since they were Cingular and directv for close to 15 years and it's a shame that existing customers are not eligible for any deals

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

🤣🤣🤣

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

W*t*f I was almost 4 hours on hold on the end I have to hang up because I guess they don't give shi*

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

AT&T  DOES have promotions [IF you know HOW and WHO to ask.  I don’t pay full-price for any of their services which are all bundled [that’s an automatic $10-credit if you bundle them].  They also have a program called, “AT&T Thanks,” which is a Tier-based program—the higher the tier the better the benefits [dependind on what interests you have—there’s something for everyone—movies, dinner, tickets, music—I’ve been an AT&T customer for 40+ years so I guess that’s why I’m on the highest tier.  For instance, when I just upgraded my iPhone SE to an iPhone 8, I was eligible and entitled to have them [at no charge] bring the new phone to my home [or wherever], and set it up, transfer everything, back it up etc.  However, because of the Customer Service (CS) rep that took the phone order—who was obviously a new employee or not trained properly since, he had to put me on HOLD repeatedly while he’d go get an answer—to EVERY question I’d ask him—e.g., regarding the AT&T Thanks Program benefit above—he had  absolutely no knowledge of the Program  until I mentioned it—then, after returning with an answer saying that I was eligible for that benefit but then he’d lie and/or started making things up, saying stuff like, “the person wIll be here unless there’s construction going on somewhere,” along with some other ‘Stuff’ none of which  I could understand without repeating, “Pardon Me,” a minimum of 4 times. WHAT⁉️ yeh, right..., c’mon, what does THAT mean...,??  It meant that nobody was going to show up but I wouldn’t know any better until much later.  Anyway, however, my BIGGEST complaint wasn’t the lie(s), it was the time, frustration, etc., that I had to endure as a result of his broken English and accent, his poor command of the English language that made any communication between us close to impossible, frustrating, as well as time-consuming.  I’ve stayed with AT&T because of their excellent CS [better than ANY other companies that I’ve ever dealt with]..., that is, until about 1-2 months ago—when, without exception, I was forced and expected to tolerate, the same, if not worse, of an experience than the one I detailed above.  What’s so frightening is that I first assumed it was just a coincidence, until I read a review by someone who was complaining about the same exact issue(s) as I was!  He also said, that AT&T was now outsourcing all calls to CS to India—OMG⁉️  I immediately realized that my excellent, 40-year relationship with AT&T, as I had once  known it and depended on, was over!!  Is this true⁉️  If it is, it’s back to the government’s LifeLine program that offers 1 FREE Smartphone to each household that can meet, as well as  verify, eligibility requirements.  Does ANYONE know if it is true and/or where to find further, and/or accurate info??

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have experienced the worst customer service and I have been a customer for 8 years 6 weeks ago everything went downhill, they convinced me to stay with their deals and discount twice biggest mistake I’ve made Just for trying to be reasonable . Uverse tv internet wireless discounts for combining the auto pay and they “promised to waive the installation fee” among other great deals, what’s so bad about this? They lied to me my lines couldn’t access the internet and not I wasn’t over my 22GB month allowance and no I don’t live in a congested area. One of my lines was even blocked. And guess what the activation kept reappearing after several customer  loyalty representative “waived” it and no one here will about what I have to say . Not to the representatives but to at&t,  I have never ever experienced such horrible customer service experience in my whole life than the past 6 weeks with att. 

And for the ladies and men that at least attempted to help me thank you y’all tried !

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

You can add a line, then drop one of your other lines since they are not under contract. If it is buy one get one on phones...add a line, upgrade a line and then drop a line. The down side, some one in your group needs to get a new phone number.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have been a customer for almost 10 years. We have a large family and currently have 8 lines. My daughter ordered an upgrade for her iPhone. They processed the order and it was scheduled for delivery yesterday. I received an email stating that they had to reschedule the delivery for today. Which I thought was odd. It's usually delivered and left at the front door. Today though a man showed up to deliver and set up her new phone. When he went to do it he said he couldn't because we had a past due amount and that we had to pay that first. It had just gone 1 day past due. When I said I couldn't for 2 weeks he said he couldn't give me the phone and said I needed to contact at&t. So me and my daughter went to closest store. After speaking with the mgr he agreed to call billing to try and help. An even longer story short, after 98 mins and explaining the issue to 5 different people we were told nothing could be done except to pay the past due. (I should have mentioned earlier I had just paid a $600 cell bill earlier in the week.) At&t had to reschedule, if it were delivered when originally scheduled it wod have gone smoothly. Beware, they now partner up with an outside delivery service, Enjoy. After 10 years I received no help.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

5 years ago

@Milnik wrote:

I have been a customer for almost 10 years. We have a large family and currently have 8 lines. My daughter ordered an upgrade for her iPhone. They processed the order and it was scheduled for delivery yesterday. I received an email stating that they had to reschedule the delivery for today. Which I thought was odd. It's usually delivered and left at the front door. Today though a man showed up to deliver and set up her new phone. When he went to do it he said he couldn't because we had a past due amount and that we had to pay that first.   Correct.  If you had been one day past due on the day you placed your order, it would have been rejected and full retail only (no installments).  

It had just gone 1 day past due. When I said I couldn't for 2 weeks he said he couldn't give me the phone and said I needed to contact at&t. So me and my daughter went to closest store. After speaking with the mgr he agreed to call billing to try and help. An even longer story short, after 98 mins and explaining the issue to 5 different people we were told nothing could be done except to pay the past due. (I should have mentioned earlier I had just paid a $600 cell bill earlier in the week.)

Sorry to sound hard hearted, but the rule applies to everyone.  Generally the rule is you must be in good standing for 60 days.  

At&t had to reschedule, if it were delivered when originally scheduled it wod have gone smoothly. Beware, they now partner up with an outside delivery service, Enjoy. After 10 years I received no help.

You don’t think maybe it was delayed because you bill was due and not paid, and they figured you would pay because you wanted the phone?  Hmmm maybe.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Seems to be a standing issue of customer service. I've been a customer for over 10 years now, call customer service about an issue, they say I'm all set, it's been taken care of and I shouldn't have the issue again. Wrong! Somehow everyone in AT&T actually know the same stuff. Told one thing on the phone, get another one in the store. THEN the store calls customer service to fight for me, and they say the person who gave me the original answer was wrong to say that. So, basically, I'm screwed! AND to top it off, there was another couple in the store complaining about the customer service of AT&T. If any other carrier actually had service where I live, I would transfer out of AT&T, but like I said before, I'm screwed.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

5 years ago

@notpleased19  Carriers are outsourcing call centers.  This means you may be speaking with someone who doesn’t even have At&t service.  

If you are doubting answers, and looking for a second opinion, the forum is where you get an honest answer.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.