Need help understanding your bill?
Janakins65's profile

Teacher

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, May 27th, 2018 11:38 PM

Customer service issues

After many years of being an ATT customer and DirecTV customer I have come to realize they really dont care about existing customers. It's the new customers who receive all the promotions and nothing for LOYAL customers. New customer=BIG  discount  existing customer will pay FULL price for everything. 

I've had their service since they were Cingular and directv for close to 15 years and it's a shame that existing customers are not eligible for any deals

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

6 years ago

New and existing customers qualify for the same promotions. Granted, it’s more likely a new customer will want to add a line, but that doesn’t the facts. 

Teacher

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

If I'm an existing customer keeping my service with 4 lines WHO would I want to add a line for my cat? I pay full price for my new phone but a new customer gets 50% or more. Really??

Apparently it doesn't matter if you've been paying for 4 lines and DirecTV you will still pay full price for a phone. Does that seem fair. That's like me telling my children they have to now pay for living here but hey I'll take in someone new and they can live here free

Teacher

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Sorry but I have to disagree. My account says I am eligible for buying a phone at FULL price. Talked to 2 different customer service agents and was told I do not qualify, that I would have to have NEW service to qualify for discount. Really seems unfair.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

6 years ago

Exactly, you can add a new line to get a discount. Just like a new customer. 

Have you considered adding a new line and then canceling an existing line? 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Janakins65

You have to look at the big picture.  I’ve seen a lot of posts from customers who switched for free phones, only to complain their bill is higher than their Verizon bill was.  Had they compared their plan cost they would have noticed their old plan was a lot cheaper.  

Which is why I stayed put.    I have $15 line fees and a double data promotion with a discount.   It makes the plan so much cheaper than any carrier can offer that I’m still better off paying full price for phones.   I would pay at least $70 more a month just for a comparable plan with another carrier.  Not counting activation fees and other charges

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Same here they don’t care about their customers. Terrible customer service.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I was told if I wanted to get a permotion on unvers I would have to cancel it for two months and come back as a new customer.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I don't new a new freaking line!  what am I going to do with a "new" line!  My dogs are pretty smart but I haven't taught them how to use a cell phone!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

OMG!  how many lines do I freakin' need!  Existing customers generally do not need additional lines! So, that being said, the "so called" offers are for "NEW" customers!

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

6 years ago

@bigsurprize wrote:

OMG!  how many lines do I freakin' need!  Existing customers generally do not need additional lines! So, that being said, the "so called" offers are for "NEW" customers!

Or existing customers who add a line and cancel an existing one, add a friend, decide it's time for the child to get a phone, etc. Just because you don't need another line doesn't mean no existing AT&T customer do. Everyone gets the same offers. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.