Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Impacted by the government shutdown? AT&T can help.  Learn more

Customer service

Highlighted
Teacher

Customer service

After many years of being an ATT customer and DirecTV customer I have come to realize they really dont care about existing customers. It's the new customers who receive all the promotions and nothing for LOYAL customers. New customer=BIG  discount  existing customer will pay FULL price for everything. 

I've had their service since they were Cingular and directv for close to 15 years and it's a shame that existing customers are not eligible for any deals

Message 1 of 15
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Janakins65
‎05-27-2018 6:25 PM

Re: Customer service

New and existing customers qualify for the same promotions. Granted, it’s more likely a new customer will want to add a line, but that doesn’t the facts. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 15
Teacher

If I'm an existing customer keeping my service with 4 lines WHO would I want to add a line for my cat? I pay full price for my new phone but a new customer gets 50% or more. Really??

Apparently it doesn't matter if you've been paying for 4 lines and DirecTV you will still pay full price for a phone. Does that seem fair. That's like me telling my children they have to now pay for living here but hey I'll take in someone new and they can live here free

Message 3 of 15
Teacher

Sorry but I have to disagree. My account says I am eligible for buying a phone at FULL price. Talked to 2 different customer service agents and was told I do not qualify, that I would have to have NEW service to qualify for discount. Really seems unfair.
Message 4 of 15
ACE - Master

Exactly, you can add a new line to get a discount. Just like a new customer. 

Have you considered adding a new line and then canceling an existing line? 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 15
ACE - Sage

@Janakins65

You have to look at the big picture.  I’ve seen a lot of posts from customers who switched for free phones, only to complain their bill is higher than their Verizon bill was.  Had they compared their plan cost they would have noticed their old plan was a lot cheaper.  

Which is why I stayed put.    I have $15 line fees and a double data promotion with a discount.   It makes the plan so much cheaper than any carrier can offer that I’m still better off paying full price for phones.   I would pay at least $70 more a month just for a comparable plan with another carrier.  Not counting activation fees and other charges

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 6 of 15
Tutor

Same here they don’t care about their customers. Terrible customer service.

Message 7 of 15
Tutor

I was told if I wanted to get a permotion on unvers I would have to cancel it for two months and come back as a new customer.

Message 8 of 15
Contributor

I don't new a new freaking line!  what am I going to do with a "new" line!  My dogs are pretty smart but I haven't taught them how to use a cell phone!

Message 9 of 15
Contributor

OMG!  how many lines do I freakin' need!  Existing customers generally do not need additional lines! So, that being said, the "so called" offers are for "NEW" customers!

Message 10 of 15
ACE - Master

@bigsurprize wrote:

OMG!  how many lines do I freakin' need!  Existing customers generally do not need additional lines! So, that being said, the "so called" offers are for "NEW" customers!

Or existing customers who add a line and cancel an existing one, add a friend, decide it's time for the child to get a phone, etc. Just because you don't need another line doesn't mean no existing AT&T customer do. Everyone gets the same offers. 

Message 11 of 15
Contributor

🤣🤣🤣
Message 12 of 15
Contributor

W*t*f I was almost 4 hours on hold on the end I have to hang up because I guess they don't give shi*

Message 13 of 15
Contributor

AT&T  DOES have promotions [IF you know HOW and WHO to ask.  I don’t pay full-price for any of their services which are all bundled [that’s an automatic $10-credit if you bundle them].  They also have a program called, “AT&T Thanks,” which is a Tier-based program—the higher the tier the better the benefits [dependind on what interests you have—there’s something for everyone—movies, dinner, tickets, music—I’ve been an AT&T customer for 40+ years so I guess that’s why I’m on the highest tier.  For instance, when I just upgraded my iPhone SE to an iPhone 8, I was eligible and entitled to have them [at no charge] bring the new phone to my home [or wherever], and set it up, transfer everything, back it up etc.  However, because of the Customer Service (CS) rep that took the phone order—who was obviously a new employee or not trained properly since, he had to put me on HOLD repeatedly while he’d go get an answer—to EVERY question I’d ask him—e.g., regarding the AT&T Thanks Program benefit above—he had  absolutely no knowledge of the Program  until I mentioned it—then, after returning with an answer saying that I was eligible for that benefit but then he’d lie and/or started making things up, saying stuff like, “the person wIll be here unless there’s construction going on somewhere,” along with some other ‘Stuff’ none of which  I could understand without repeating, “Pardon Me,” a minimum of 4 times. WHAT⁉️ yeh, right..., c’mon, what does THAT mean...,??  It meant that nobody was going to show up but I wouldn’t know any better until much later.  Anyway, however, my BIGGEST complaint wasn’t the lie(s), it was the time, frustration, etc., that I had to endure as a result of his broken English and accent, his poor command of the English language that made any communication between us close to impossible, frustrating, as well as time-consuming.  I’ve stayed with AT&T because of their excellent CS [better than ANY other companies that I’ve ever dealt with]..., that is, until about 1-2 months ago—when, without exception, I was forced and expected to tolerate, the same, if not worse, of an experience than the one I detailed above.  What’s so frightening is that I first assumed it was just a coincidence, until I read a review by someone who was complaining about the same exact issue(s) as I was!  He also said, that AT&T was now outsourcing all calls to CS to India—OMG⁉️  I immediately realized that my excellent, 40-year relationship with AT&T, as I had once  known it and depended on, was over!!  Is this true⁉️  If it is, it’s back to the government’s LifeLine program that offers 1 FREE Smartphone to each household that can meet, as well as  verify, eligibility requirements.  Does ANYONE know if it is true and/or where to find further, and/or accurate info??

Message 14 of 15
Contributor

I have experienced the worst customer service and I have been a customer for 8 years 6 weeks ago everything went downhill, they convinced me to stay with their deals and discount twice biggest mistake I’ve made Just for trying to be reasonable . Uverse tv internet wireless discounts for combining the auto pay and they “promised to waive the installation fee” among other great deals, what’s so bad about this? They lied to me my lines couldn’t access the internet and not I wasn’t over my 22GB month allowance and no I don’t live in a congested area. One of my lines was even blocked. And guess what the activation kept reappearing after several customer  loyalty representative “waived” it and no one here will about what I have to say . Not to the representatives but to at&t,  I have never ever experienced such horrible customer service experience in my whole life than the past 6 weeks with att. 

And for the ladies and men that at least attempted to help me thank you y’all tried !

Message 15 of 15
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support