Need help understanding your bill?
jnhn22's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, August 13th, 2014 11:16 PM

Customer service fail

I called ATT to ask about temporarily suspending my pay as you go ipad data plan as I am outside of the US for the next 6 months.

There is no way to do this online!

You cannot log onto att from anything other than the ipad itself.

So I was forced to call.

I spoke with Jacob who offered to suspend my  sim card for 10/month.

That is too rich for my blood. After going over all of the options and hitting a brickwall each time, I just decided to cancel it altogether.

This all happened pretty quick.

I then asked Jacob for a confirmation code, he had nothing.

I asked Jacob for his rep ID number, he had nothing.

I asked Jacob for an email, he said no.

I asked Jacob if he was expecting me to just trust him, he said "yes".

I asked Jacob for his last name, he said "I am not legally permitted to give you my last name" 

So I am supposed to trust you , but you do not trust me?

Come on Jacob, really?

I asked Jacob if we were done and I could get off the phone, he said yes.

My concern is that if in a month, my credit card gets hit, I just want to reference the phone call.  Every other company forces a confirmation down my throat, but ATT operates on trust...

So I immediately called back and spoke to Linda H. She answered my call with her last name the second she picked up. I explained the entire situation to her and she re-verified that my account is down.

I told her the whole story and she got a little chuckle out of Jacob asking me to trust him.

So, either Jacob lied right to my face about legally being able to give out his name, OR Linda is a criminal.

I would love it if someone would contact me so we can track Jacob down and tell Jacob that it is difficult to find trust in someone who lies, and now not only is Jacob lying, but as a representitive of ATT, ATT is also lying.

I Love Linda!!!

Thanks

John

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, jnhn22!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience with one of our reps. It sounds like your original issue was ultimately resolved, but I would be happy to pass along your comments if you could provide me with more detailed information via private message.

Let me know if there's anything else we could help you with!

-Mariana

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Mariana,

My entire post was only about the difficulties with Jacob.

My issue with ATT was solved before I posted anything.

Please do not claim success on this problem as nobody at ATT except LINDA!!!

did anything right.

Jacob needs training. I asked specifically if we could look up the thread and get in touch with Jacob to talk to him about his lack of understanding.

This is a fail!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

10 years ago

@jnhn22 wrote:

Mariana,

My entire post was only about the difficulties with Jacob.

My issue with ATT was solved before I posted anything.

Please do not claim success on this problem as nobody at ATT except LINDA!!!

did anything right.

Jacob needs training. I asked specifically if we could look up the thread and get in touch with Jacob to talk to him about his lack of understanding.

This is a fail!!!

Mariana offered to help pass along your comments regarding Jacob and Linda if you sent her more detail via private message. 

You can also use the link below. 

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.