For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
MVDubyk12's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, February 17th, 2017 12:50 PM

Currently deployed soldier ripped off

I'm active duty Army, currently overseas, with only the means of internet and email for comms right now.

In November, before deployment, I switched carriers to AT&T after I called the hotline to see what they were offering. The sales rep. Told me I could get an iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus, but only have to pay for the 7plus if we switched, because we had direct tv and iPhone 6's to turn in. I was sold. I switched from Verizon to AT&T for this deal. Now I'm being billed for both phones because the promo apparently ended in September of 2016.

I reached out to live chat, and while very sorry for my situation of having to be out here while worried about my personal finances too. They couldn't offer me a solution, they told me to contact customer loyalty in 3 hours (it's 10 pm where I am, 7am for them.) I'm willing to contact customer loyalty, and I have proof because I know my call was recorded. But, what the heck? Is this normal? I've never been put in a position like this, and do you think AT&T will fix it?

V/R,
SGT Dubyk

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

In November the promotion was one free iphone 7 for switching from a competeing carrier and having direct tv satellite service.  

You would still see both charges, but should have a credit on your bill for one phone payment.

Contact support here >> @ATTMobilityCare through the forum 

this was the promotion, and is still on....

https://www.att.com/cellphones/iphone/apple-iphone-7.html#sku=sku8040300 

IMG_4773.PNG

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

There was a trade in iPhone 6 for iPhone 7 promotion that ended in September but as pointed out above, there was also a free iPhone 7 promotion that you did qualify for since you have Directv.  That promotion did not require trading in a phone. Hopefully you got appropriate credit for those trade ins.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.