Need help understanding your bill?
Cesalie2609's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Tuesday, February 12th, 2019 11:39 AM

Closed

Corporate and executive representatives of AT&T.

I went to this supposed AT&T authorized retailer store number 46968 to obtain service in October. Customer service was atrocious.I was in the store for at least 3 hours waiting.More people would come in being helped while I was left still waiting for my Service to be in stalled. I want to make clear I am legally disabled. I pass out from stress and getting worked up. The phone I received does not work properly and I went through The process to see if it was the phone or software. I was on the phone for 4 hours at a time with numerous individuals... since the beginning I was lied to and manipulated.. my money is limited so I need to make sure it is a price I could afford.. every time my bill is different and I’m told one thing it’s another.. I was hung up on.. I was told by supervisors that they were in charge and did nothing to address my issues and hung up on or I was 5old that none of the other things I was told mattered. I was told that by a customer service manger named Sam. Dealing with this situation has medically caused me harm. My intentions are not to get more from AT&T. I just want my phone to work and a bill that is permanent or something I can afford. No one should have the experience I have had.. I called to discuss my bill and I’m saying it’s to high and the customer service representative tried to promote more deals.. that happens twice on the phone and in a corporate store. I have yet to be heard about my situation genuinely. And I am told I am a valued customer.. I can say truthfully not one of these employees I talked care about my situation they have shown that. I have also posted my personal experience with AT&T on the google reviews for both stores in Findlay Ohio and I posted it on Facebook several times also the AT&T forum. I do not want AT&T anymore. This company has literally affected my health directly by then stress from talking and my bill never being the same. A person called me yesterday to troubleshoot my phone and said now it’s working. No it’s not. And I told them I could receive calls but I couldn’t make one specific phone call but I can make it from a different unknown number.  From the beginning of talking to AT&T a week ago I have said all I want to do is call my brother my phone won’t let me. It goes to voicemail at all times of day for the past 4 months. I have been a diabetic for over 21 years and I had cataract surgery at the age of 8 and still can’t see. I am only 28 years old and I am disabled. I am in chronic pain that won’t go away. My point being I have enough problems in m6 life. I don’t not want AT&T. I will be posting this and also mailing in my experience to the corporate office.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

Authorized retailer are not at&t owned stores.  People working there DO NOT work for AT&T.  

Authorized retailers cannot fix, or send a phone in for warranty, only corporate stores can.  If it’s an iPhone, at&t can not touch it.  Apple requires all warranty go through them.    To be blunt, no carrier is taking responsibility for phones.   

Your bill for any carrier is never going to be fixed forever.  Taxes change, new phone purchase is going to add to it unless you buy phones out right.  

You not being able to call your brother is most likely he has accidentally blocked your number.  He has to fix on his end.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

Re AT&T warranty information:   https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1044996/

Specifically

Other troubleshooting and warranty support options:

(edited)

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

One .. you can not be blocked from the beginning. Since I have had the phone it has gone straight to voicemail. The phone has never rung on my end. Plus common sense on my end would be to see if he had any block settings active.

Two.. I have talked to apple and they have given my 3 options to return the phone.

A. Drive 1 in a half hours to return it

B. Let them put over 700 on hold from my bank account, so they can send me a new phone and when they receive the old phone I will get my money back.

C . Mail in my phone , wait for them to get that .. then wait for me to get a new phone..

Three. I have already stated that I am medically ill. I can not have a phone in my condition.

Fourth.. if you do not work for AT&T your opinion is not wanted at all please and thank you especially if you have nothing helpful to say Do Not post it. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

You can get as snippy as you like, but this is a customer populated forum, not AT&T support.  

You have been given correct information by Apple to warranty your phone.  AT&T cannot and will not do a warranty replacement as Apple will not let them.  

You may not like the answer, but it’s correct.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

Apple on its warranty:   https://store.apple.com/Catalog/Images/worldwidewarranty.html

Specifically

OBTAINING WARRANTY SERVICE

Please access and review the online help resources referred to in the documentation accompanying this hardware product before requesting warranty service. If the product is still not functioning properly after making use of these resources, please contact the Apple representatives or, if applicable, an Apple Authorised Service Provider located using the information provided in the documentation. An Apple representative or Apple Authorised Service Provider will help determine whether your product requires service and, if it does, will inform you how Apple will provide it. Apple or its Apple Authorised Service Providers will provide warranty service on products that are tendered or presented for service during the Warranty Period, as permitted by law. If the product is portable, meaning that it can operate independently without a power cord, you may obtain warranty service worldwide. However, service will be limited to the options available in the country where service is requested. If the product is not portable, warranty service may be restricted to the country where the product is purchased. Service options, parts availability and response times will vary according to country. You may be responsible for shipping and handling charges if the product cannot be serviced in the country it is in. In accordance with applicable law, Apple may require that you furnish proof of purchase details and/or comply with registration requirements before receiving warranty service. Please refer to the accompanying documentation for more details on this and other matters on obtaining warranty service.

Master

• 

3.2K Messages

5 years ago

Two.. I have talked to apple and they have given my 3 options to return the phone.

Be glad you have the option of driving one and a half hours. That's a long drive, but absolutely the better option of the three.

It's Apple's warranty policy, not AT&T's.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@QuarryRye  I don’t think the phone has anything to do with the calls not going through.  Defective or not.  More likely it’s an Apple ID or phone number problem.  

Master

• 

3.2K Messages

5 years ago

It's absolutely the call being blocked on the brother's phone. There's no feature or problem with the OP's phone that would let it call other numbers, but block it from calling a specific phone number. OP, if you've already checked the brother's block settings, then check for an app that's blocking the number or a block on the carrier's end.

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Sorry to hear about your health  and experience.  My experience has been somewhat similar, in that AT&T does not honor their promises.  Just sign us up and let the bill roll.  Enough people get upset, some scuzzy attorney will gladly initiate another (Edited per community guidelines) suit.

(edited)

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

2 years ago

4 year 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.