Corporate Discount

Teacher

Corporate Discount

I signed up for ATT and placed my order on Friday.  Today I find out that my mother's company has corporate discount for ATT members.  I read that the discounts include credit for new service and activation, but it has to be done by ordering through the Premier Portal.  Also, there are discounts on the monthly bill.  How do I apply the credit and the monthly discount?

I tried registering on the ATT site, but my number is not in the system yet.  I had placed in my order to move my current number from another carrier.  I think that since the number is not moved over yet until I activate my phone, the system will not let me register on the site.

Any advice will be helpful.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 23 (64,492 Views)
Professor

Re: Corporate Discount

HYEE wrote:

I signed up for ATT and placed my order on Friday.  Today I find out that my mother's company has corporate discount for ATT members.  I read that the discounts include credit for new service and activation, but it has to be done by ordering through the Premier Portal.  Also, there are discounts on the monthly bill.  How do I apply the credit and the monthly discount?

I tried registering on the ATT site, but my number is not in the system yet.  I had placed in my order to move my current number from another carrier.  I think that since the number is not moved over yet until I activate my phone, the system will not let me register on the site.

Any advice will be helpful.

Thanks.

Since your number's not yet listed in the system like you said, it may take a little bit of time for your info to update and be avaialble for processing under this discount.   AS far as applying, etc, I dont  know as far as it being your mother's job that offering the percentage off. I have always thoguht its the employee him/herself only that gets the discount, but i could be wrong,  Maybe the discounts can apply to all lines on the plan, if it does... count ME in!

Message 2 of 23 (64,453 Views)
Expert

We get a discount through my husband's place of employment. I've never done anything online but if you go to a corp store, there is a book they can look in for the person who gets the discount. I do not believe it applies to everyone and the discount will only come off of the whatever talk plan there is. For example, our talk plan should be $69.99 but with my husband's discount, we pay $60.

Hmmm...Rico, is that REALLY a 24% discount? Smiley Indifferent

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 3 of 23 (64,452 Views)
Teacher

Thanks for the info.  I will wait for my order to come and then register online.  I will then try and apply the discount.  So the discount will only apply to the plan, not the total monthly bill?

Message 4 of 23 (64,427 Views)
Expert

HYEE wrote:

Thanks for the info.  I will wait for my order to come and then register online.  I will then try and apply the discount.  So the discount will only apply to the plan, not the total monthly bill?

Yes, just on the plan itself. 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 5 of 23 (64,423 Views)
Teacher

Also in the corporate discount, I read that new service ordered online can get up to $25 credit.  How do I apply this when I already ordered before knowing this?

Message 6 of 23 (64,407 Views)
Expert

HYEE wrote:

Also in the corporate discount, I read that new service ordered online can get up to $25 credit.  How do I apply this when I already ordered before knowing this?

Not sure, sorry. Maybe someone else can chime in here. 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 7 of 23 (64,395 Views)
Mentor

I doubt you will be able to get the $25 credit as that only applies at the time of purchase.

As far as the corporate discount is concerned, it will vary from company to company. My company discount is 25% service for my spouse and I. There are restricitons, however, such as the discount doesn't apply to Iphone data packages, etc.

There is no way knowing what the corporate discount will cover for you specifically, if anything at all. Are you on a family plan with you mom? If not, the discount may not even apply.

With my corp discount, I can get the % off and waived activation fees if I order outside of the premiere portal but I lose the equipment discounts (I think we get a $40 credit extra if ordered through the portal).
Message 8 of 23 (64,392 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

For the corporate discount, the account must be in your mother's name. You cannot use your mother's discount.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 9 of 23 (64,390 Views)
Professor

I was going to use the discount but wanted less cogs as possible in my unlimited account,...the fewer wheels to adjust, the fewer "things to break" and possibly swiping away my unlimited.....then getting told "cant fix or bring it back". So im content without my corp discount......for now....
Message 10 of 23 (64,386 Views)
Employee

Make sure that the account is in your mothers name. If the account is in your name, you will not be eligible for discounts offered by your mom's place of employment.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 11 of 23 (55,752 Views)
Employee

@Rico, any discounts applied to your unlimited plan would be moot. Unlimited plans are not eligible for additional discounts as they are already discounted by being unlimited. Smiley Happy
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 12 of 23 (55,749 Views)
Professor

imstef wrote:
@Rico, any discounts applied to your unlimited plan would be moot. Unlimited plans are not eligible for additional discounts as they are already discounted by being unlimited. Smiley Happy

Imstef, You are correct Smiley Happy , I was basically referring to a personal experience where I added auto assistance to my primary number not long back and the csr somehow got things so turned around it "resulted in a type of change that flagged my account" and lost my unlimited...whew! That was one of those "lemme speak with the mgr moments"... Gladly everything was reversed. So I just said forget any changes for now... Couldve just been someone new, but for me, for now, the less cogs in my account.... Smiley Happy
Message 13 of 23 (55,745 Views)
Scholar

If you have an email with the company (not personal ex. gmail, yahoo, aol, etc) you can apply for the discount via www.att.com/wirelessdiscounts

Message 14 of 23 (55,734 Views)
Former Community Manager

HYEE wrote:

Hi HYEE - You may be able to ask for the credit to be applied post order, however I cannot guarantee it would be. If you'd like to speak with someone to see if your employee discount can be retroactive, please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 15 of 23 (55,729 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.