Confused about Message

Contributor

Confused about Message

I recieved the following message from AT&T but am quite confused about it. Hopefully someone from AT&T will be able to explain why I recieved this message. "AT&T Free Msg: Action Required. To avoid interruption of your wireless service due to network changes, please call _______________ or visit an AT&T store by 6/21/14 to select a FREE replacement phone. Choose from three available options. A new service agreement is not req'd and your upgrade fee will be waived." I know my family just changed to the plan where we all share 10g data but I was the only one to recieve this message. 

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 4
Professor

Re: Confused about Message

KierstynLaine wrote:

I recieved the following message from AT&T but am quite confused about it. Hopefully someone from AT&T will be able to explain why I recieved this message. "AT&T Free Msg: Action Required. To avoid interruption of your wireless service due to network changes, please call _______________ or visit an AT&T store by 6/21/14 to select a FREE replacement phone. Choose from three available options. A new service agreement is not req'd and your upgrade fee will be waived." I know my family just changed to the plan where we all share 10g data but I was the only one to recieve this message. 

Are you using an old phone? I believe this message goes out when there's a network upgrade planned that older phones won't support.

Message 2 of 4
Contributor

I'm using an IPhone 4s, I didn't think it would be considered that old!
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Professor

KierstynLaine wrote:
I'm using an IPhone 4s, I didn't think it would be considered that old!

It's not, and the message could just be a mistake. AT&T may have a different phone listed for your line. I would either give CS a call or stop in a corporate store and see what's going on.

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support