Need help understanding your bill?
KierstynLaine's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, June 3rd, 2014 2:28 PM

Confused about Message

I recieved the following message from AT&T but am quite confused about it. Hopefully someone from AT&T will be able to explain why I recieved this message. "AT&T Free Msg: Action Required. To avoid interruption of your wireless service due to network changes, please call _______________ or visit an AT&T store by 6/21/14 to select a FREE replacement phone. Choose from three available options. A new service agreement is not req'd and your upgrade fee will be waived." I know my family just changed to the plan where we all share 10g data but I was the only one to recieve this message. 

Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

10 years ago

@KierstynLaine wrote:

I recieved the following message from AT&T but am quite confused about it. Hopefully someone from AT&T will be able to explain why I recieved this message. "AT&T Free Msg: Action Required. To avoid interruption of your wireless service due to network changes, please call _______________ or visit an AT&T store by 6/21/14 to select a FREE replacement phone. Choose from three available options. A new service agreement is not req'd and your upgrade fee will be waived." I know my family just changed to the plan where we all share 10g data but I was the only one to recieve this message. 

Are you using an old phone? I believe this message goes out when there's a network upgrade planned that older phones won't support.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I'm using an IPhone 4s, I didn't think it would be considered that old!

Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

10 years ago

@KierstynLaine wrote:
I'm using an IPhone 4s, I didn't think it would be considered that old!

It's not, and the message could just be a mistake. AT&T may have a different phone listed for your line. I would either give CS a call or stop in a corporate store and see what's going on.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.