Need help understanding your bill?
Motoflou's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, July 25th, 2018 1:34 PM

Claiming warranty, I read the guidelines, but should I still be worried?

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone out there had any thoughts on this.  I bought a new Galaxy S9 a few months ago, and it appears that many people are unable to receive my text messages when I include a picture.  I talked to the AT&T rep via online chat, he did some troubleshooting and couldn't find a fix.  So he said he would be happy to claim my warranty for me and send a replacement.

He sent me the link with the warranty guidelines, which I read, and he had me confirm.  My replacement phone came in the mail today, but before I even open it...here is my question-

Since the problem with my phone does not appear to be physical, and the rep could not figure out what was causing the issue...do you think I will be surprised with a huge replacement fee on my bill if they receive my old phone and can't figure out what was causing the problem?

I've had some issues before with AT&T being kind of shady.  I'm not generally a paranoid person, I just don't want to get burned again.  I saved my chat transcript, and the AT&T rep made it sound like "oh yeah, claim your warranty, it's free and you're still covered, no problem," but I'm a little concerned.

I know you can't predict the future, but does anyone with insight have any thoughts? 

Thanks for any response.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

Warranty replacements have no fee unless your returned phone had physical or liquid damage.

Any physical damage, even if unrelated to you problem, voids the warranty. In which case you are billed full cost.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks so much!  I just wanted to be totally sure.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.