For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
texaslucky19's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, December 15th, 2017 3:37 PM

Charged NEXT balance after a line cancellation

My son purchased a new phone with Straight talk, so we called At&t before doing anything, and they said that we could transfer his number over to his straight talk phone,  we still were paying on his old phone through the Next Plan, so I moved my daughter's SIM card over to his old device, and At&t said that I would continue making the installment payments that were left from when my son used this phone.  But, I want to know why I am being charged the remainder of the price for the phone, when I was told by two different At&T Representatives that there would be no penalty charged, and I would not owe anything extra for this change.  But I was charged $260.00 on this Current Bill, At&T is getting ridiculous!!!!  I am not very happy, we have been with At&T since 2003ish and I am considering looking for another provider.

I am very livid about this.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Whoever told you that you could continue to pay the installment payments was just plain wrong. The Next plan is tied to the line. When you moved that line to Straight Talk, it was cancelled on ATT. That means the Next plan was terminated and that is why you were billed the balance. Even though another line is now using the phone, it is not possible to move the Next plan to that line. They were right about one thing, there was no penalty. It is money you had to pay anyway. They didn’t charge you any more than what was owed.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1106686/

Gosh, if folks would read what they sign.  The Next agreement tells you the terms, including what happens when you cancel the line of service.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.