Need help understanding your bill?
Jomom13's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, January 7th, 2017 3:33 PM

Changing installment plan

Can you change from an ATT Next every year plan to just the ATT Next plan?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Not during the plan. You can change if you pay off your current phone and buy a new phone. The difference between the two is the number of installments to trade in and number of installments to pay off. Neither plan requires you to trade in the phone. You can always pay it off.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

No, Once begun you can't change the terms of the agreement. 

You might not need to.  The difference is :  

Next every year is a total of 24 payments, after 12 minimum payments you can trade in the phone and start a new agreement.

Next 24 is a total of 30 payments.  After 24 payments you can trade in your phone and start a new agreement.  

In either plan you can pay all payments and keep the phone at any time.  (Be aware phones purchased as part of a promotion may stop receiving promotional credits). 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you. To explain a little more we upgraded 2 iPhones at Best Buy within a month of each other. They were both receiving a different promotion at the time. However I was never given a choice of choosing between the Next every year or just the Next Plan. One phone got the Next 30 month plan and the other got the Next Every Year 24 month plan. I had hoped to do the 30 month plan on both.
Could the promotion at the time have prohibited a choice? Just curious. I tried to ask the sales guy why there was a difference in monthly payments not knowing there were 2 to choose from and he didn't explain between the 2. Just want to know for next time!? It's always something I'm in the dark about!?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

The requirement in the first half of 2016 did require the 30 month option.  When plans were simplified to just 2 options mid year, it was no longer restricted to the 30 month option.   The sales people might have been playing it safe by choosing the longer plan for a promotional purchase.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.