For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
jdzlw95's profile

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

Tuesday, October 23rd, 2012 5:59 AM

Change of plan

Hi, I am in a big trouble now. I am in a family plan which was stared last August. But the holder want to cancel the whole family plan tomorrow. Now I have to  change to individual plan. But now here comes the problem. Last year, to start my phone number I handed in a $500 deposit (I started my phone number and added into the family plan at the same time). Now The $500 deposit is returned, but if now I start my individual plan, do I need to hand in a new deposit again? Will this result in a ETF?

Also the holder want to cancel the whole family plan tomorrow, but I'll only be free to built up my individual plan with att this saturday. Durng the period between tomorrow and Saturday, what will happen to my phone number? What should I do?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@jdzlw95 wrote:

Hi, I am in a big trouble now. I am in a family plan which was stared last August. But the holder want to cancel the whole family plan tomorrow. Now I have to  change to individual plan. But now here comes the problem. Last year, to start my phone number I handed in a $500 deposit (I started my phone number and added into the family plan at the same time). Now The $500 deposit is returned, but if now I start my individual plan, do I need to hand in a new deposit again? Will this result in a ETF?

Also the holder want to cancel the whole family plan tomorrow, but I'll only be free to built up my individual plan with att this saturday. Durng the period between tomorrow and Saturday, what will happen to my phone number? What should I do?

Deposit depends on your credit rating, how is your credit? The owner of the family plan does a transfer of billing responsibility for your line from them to you then there is no etf

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Yes you should hand in a new deposit again. It will be helpful.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.