Change my phone number

Contributor

Change my phone number

I'm currently on my grandparents plan in West Virginia because of credit reasons....I'm moving to Texas next week and I was wondering if I could change my number to a local number there once I'm there.

Message 1 of 13 (10,888 Views)
Expert

Re: Change my phone number

You can but your grandparents would have to perform a relocation of service for this to be done. Call Customer Service at 1-800-331-0500 or 611 from your wireless phone
Message 2 of 13 (10,854 Views)
Expert

Re: Change my phone number


wilcre wrote:
You can but your grandparents would have to perform a relocation of service for this to be done. Call Customer Service at 1-800-331-0500 or 611 from your wireless phone

believe they will aslo have to do a tobr to the OP, since telephone numbers of different market areas are not allowed on the same family plan

Message 3 of 13 (10,840 Views)
Expert

Re: Change my phone number

That would only be if the OP can/wants to get it in his/her name, the relocation automatically creates a new account.
Message 4 of 13 (10,819 Views)
Expert

Re: Change my phone number


wilcre wrote:
That would only be if the OP can/wants to get it in his/her name, the relocation automatically creates a new account.

but if he is on a family plan as he indicated with his grand parents, was under the impression from other posts here that they don't allow family plans to have numbers from different market areas

Message 5 of 13 (10,811 Views)
Expert

Re: Change my phone number

That is correct, however relocating only 1 line will default the other 2 to stay behind and a new account to be created for the new line of service so it can be used.
Message 6 of 13 (10,806 Views)
Professor

Re: Change my phone number

I think that wilcre is saying that the grandparents will have two separate accounts with his suggestion.  There will be an individual plan for the grandson and the family plan will remain intact that exists now (less one line) for the grandparents, with both accounts in the grandparents' name. 

Message 7 of 13 (10,805 Views)
Expert

Re: Change my phone number

Yes thank you for that, that is exactly what I was trying to elaborate on. #Kudos
Message 8 of 13 (10,801 Views)
Professor

Re: Change my phone number

Thanks!

Message 9 of 13 (10,796 Views)
Expert

Re: Change my phone number

[ Edited ]

21stNow wrote:

I think that wilcre is saying that the grandparents will have two separate accounts with his suggestion.  There will be an individual plan for the grandson and the family plan will remain intact that exists now (less one line) for the grandparents, with both accounts in the grandparents' name. 


Do not see that mentioned - it appears he is asking if he can change the number when he gets there, nothing about doing a transfer of billing responsiblity, I am reading it as he wants to stay on his grandparents plan for the cost savings

 

they specificly state that they are on their gransparents plan becasue of credit problems, I also took that as they wanted to stay on their grandparents plan becasue of it and change the number

 

"I'm currently on my grandparents plan in West Virginia because of credit reasons"

Message 10 of 13 (10,791 Views)
Expert

Re: Change my phone number

If the OP wants a new local number then it comes with a new account in the grand parents name with new plan and features, if the OP wants to stay on the grand parent plan and account then the OP has to keep the same number. those are the choices available.
Message 11 of 13 (10,775 Views)
Professor
Solution
Accepted by topic author baptizednblood
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Change my phone number


wingrider01 wrote:

21stNow wrote:

I think that wilcre is saying that the grandparents will have two separate accounts with his suggestion.  There will be an individual plan for the grandson and the family plan will remain intact that exists now (less one line) for the grandparents, with both accounts in the grandparents' name. 


Do not see that mentioned - it appears he is asking if he can change the number when he gets there, nothing about doing a transfer of billing responsiblity, I am reading it as he wants to stay on his grandparents plan for the cost savings

 

they specificly state that they are on their gransparents plan becasue of credit problems, I also took that as they wanted to stay on their grandparents plan becasue of it and change the number

 

"I'm currently on my grandparents plan in West Virginia because of credit reasons"


Right, the grandson will stay under the grandparents' account, but will no longer be part of the family plan.  One person can have multiple accounts and that's what the grandparents seem to be willing to do.

 

The credit reasons don't imply that the grandson couldn't afford service on his own, but rather would not want to pay a deposit.  Besides, the OP was asking the original question to see what his options were.  The OP may not have known that numbers for two different markets could not be on the same plan.  I don't think that that's common knowledge, especially among younger customers.

Message 12 of 13 (10,774 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Change my phone number

I see... I wasn't aware two different area numbers could be on the same plan. I guess I'll just have to keep this 304 number... Thanks for the quick replys.

Message 13 of 13 (10,717 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.