Need help understanding your bill?
baptizednblood's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, October 3rd, 2012 11:13 PM

Change my phone number

I'm currently on my grandparents plan in West Virginia because of credit reasons....I'm moving to Texas next week and I was wondering if I could change my number to a local number there once I'm there.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

@wingrider01 wrote:

@21stNow wrote:

I think that wilcre is saying that the grandparents will have two separate accounts with his suggestion.  There will be an individual plan for the grandson and the family plan will remain intact that exists now (less one line) for the grandparents, with both accounts in the grandparents' name. 

Do not see that mentioned - it appears he is asking if he can change the number when he gets there, nothing about doing a transfer of billing responsiblity, I am reading it as he wants to stay on his grandparents plan for the cost savings

they specificly state that they are on their gransparents plan becasue of credit problems, I also took that as they wanted to stay on their grandparents plan becasue of it and change the number

"I'm currently on my grandparents plan in West Virginia because of credit reasons"

Right, the grandson will stay under the grandparents' account, but will no longer be part of the family plan.  One person can have multiple accounts and that's what the grandparents seem to be willing to do.

The credit reasons don't imply that the grandson couldn't afford service on his own, but rather would not want to pay a deposit.  Besides, the OP was asking the original question to see what his options were.  The OP may not have known that numbers for two different markets could not be on the same plan.  I don't think that that's common knowledge, especially among younger customers.

Expert

• 

13K Messages

11 years ago

You can but your grandparents would have to perform a relocation of service for this to be done. Call Customer Service at 1-800-331-0500 or 611 from your wireless phone

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@wilcre wrote:
You can but your grandparents would have to perform a relocation of service for this to be done. Call Customer Service at 1-800-331-0500 or 611 from your wireless phone

believe they will aslo have to do a tobr to the OP, since telephone numbers of different market areas are not allowed on the same family plan

Expert

• 

13K Messages

11 years ago

That would only be if the OP can/wants to get it in his/her name, the relocation automatically creates a new account.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@wilcre wrote:
That would only be if the OP can/wants to get it in his/her name, the relocation automatically creates a new account.

but if he is on a family plan as he indicated with his grand parents, was under the impression from other posts here that they don't allow family plans to have numbers from different market areas

Expert

• 

13K Messages

11 years ago

That is correct, however relocating only 1 line will default the other 2 to stay behind and a new account to be created for the new line of service so it can be used.

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

I think that wilcre is saying that the grandparents will have two separate accounts with his suggestion.  There will be an individual plan for the grandson and the family plan will remain intact that exists now (less one line) for the grandparents, with both accounts in the grandparents' name. 

Expert

• 

13K Messages

11 years ago

Yes thank you for that, that is exactly what I was trying to elaborate on. #Kudos

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

Thanks!

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@21stNow wrote:

Do not see that mentioned - it appears he is asking if he can change the number when he gets there, nothing about doing a transfer of billing responsiblity, I am reading it as he wants to stay on his grandparents plan for the cost savings

they specificly state that they are on their gransparents plan becasue of credit problems, I also took that as they wanted to stay on their grandparents plan becasue of it and change the number

"I'm currently on my grandparents plan in West Virginia because of credit reasons"

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.