Need help understanding your bill?
Krodgers's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, February 11th, 2017 12:23 AM

Can't get Direct TV in my area/Can't get unlimited..not fair

We tried to get direct tv at our new home but due to the trees on our property, they would not install the service stating they were unable. I was told at our local AT&T store that we were out of luck and can't get unlimited data without it. We tried and can't because we live in the country and we get punished for it? There is to be a better way, especially for great customers that has been with AT&T for a long time. Please tell me I don't need to change services.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Krodgers You're not being "punished", it sounds like it's a nice plance.  

But, you can't get that offer unless you take out some trees.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

These trees are over 200 years old. That's not happening. What is bad is that we told the installers there was a field behind our house that has an open area and they wouldn't even try. Dish Network came out and installed service at the field in a rain storm and we have perfect service. Direct wouldn't come back out, saying it's not possible. There just needs to be something AT&T should be able to do for those who at least tried to do right by them.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Krodgers wrote:
What is bad is that we told the installers there was a field behind our house that has an open area and they wouldn't even try. Dish Network came out and installed service at the field in a rain storm and we have perfect service. Direct wouldn't come back out, saying it's not possible.

Interesting. I'd check with a different local store that does installations, obviously it works. I suppose DISH might have different cable length requirements.

There just needs to be something AT&T should be able to do for those who at least tried to do right by them.

That's funny! 

Realistically, people in your geographic situation often can't get home internet, so if you get unlimited you'd potentially be a high use user (a good reason not to make an exception). 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Krodgers You can get unlimited starting today WITHOUT needing DirecTV.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

Why a difference a week, and a shake up by Verizon can make huh?

Guru

• 

691 Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance40 Just wish ATT would get their heads in the game... cause they didn't respond well!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.