Need help understanding your bill?
albacore7's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, December 19th, 2012 6:01 AM

Can i use another unlocked phone under the same contracted account im using now?

So i recently got an iphone 5 with a 2 year contract and my friend is giving me his note 2 which is unlocked. In this case, could i just swap the sim card to the note 2 or do i have to go to at & t first to activate it?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

You would have to go to an AT&T store because the Note II uses a microSIM card and the iPhone 5 uses a nanoSIM card.  This is a one-time action for you to take; the cost can range from $0-$20.  If you plan on switching back and forth between the two devices, you may want to consider a micro-to-nanoSIM card adapter.  You can usually find these online at sites like amazon or ebay.

You would also need to change your data plan from an iPhone LTE data plan to a smartphone LTE data plan.  You should be able to maintain the same cost and features that you have now.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

i currently have a blackberry curve and hate it. It is falling apart and does not hold battery or work well. I am looking to buy a used iphone 5 online and trying to use that although i do not have an upgrade with at&t until 2014. If i bring both phone into the store could they put my plan on the new iphone? and how much would it cost?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.