Can/how do I donate unused minutes?

Contributor

Can/how do I donate unused minutes?

[ Edited ]

Does anyone know if I can do this and, if so, donate to U.S. troops?

Message 1 of 7 (3,422 Views)
Employee
Solution
Accepted by jamileh (Former Community Manager)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Can/how do I donate unused minutes?

I've never heard of donating unused minutes to soldiers... that is a great idea though! 

There is a recycling program in which wireless phones, accessories etc... are donated to soldiers. More info here

You can also donate AT&T Calling Cards to soldiers here.

Hope this helps. Good luck! 

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 7 (3,408 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow, ok, thanks.  That's kind of surprising/disappointing it's not an option, so thanks for letting me know.

Message 3 of 7 (3,406 Views)
Teacher

what other carriers offers this?

You seem suprised as if it's just not an option with AT&T.

Message 4 of 7 (3,381 Views)
Contributor

I tried today to donate a portion of my gophone minutes to a friend , who lives in a low income, assisted living, senior housing complex & on a limited income.  His only link to family and friends is thru his cell phone.  AT&T Gophone rep. advised that they are no longer able to this.  I have $275 in my account that I will never use, because I only use my cell phone for emergencies.  It is a shame that a large corporation like AT&T is so greedy.  Does anyone know of a carrier who allows donation of unused minutes, to needy senior citizens? I tried calling AT&T corporate office, but all you get is the usual telephone prompt.  This has made me so upset, I will never use their services again!

Message 5 of 7 (436 Views)
ACE - Expert

[ Edited ]

You can give Gophone refill.   Just don't know if they will let you use your balance.  You can also use your balance for merchandise.

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1008660

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) We are fellow customers. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 7 (431 Views)
Contributor

@ Lizdance40  Yes I knew I could buy refills, friend still has two months on his plan, but running out of minutes.  Thanks for the info.

Message 7 of 7 (417 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.