Need help understanding your bill?
ocnpnt's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, March 2nd, 2012 1:40 PM

Can/how do I donate unused minutes?

Does anyone know if I can do this and, if so, donate to U.S. troops?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

229 Messages

12 years ago

I've never heard of donating unused minutes to soldiers... that is a great idea though! 

There is a recycling program in which wireless phones, accessories etc... are donated to soldiers. More info here

You can also donate AT&T Calling Cards to soldiers here.

Hope this helps. Good luck! 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Wow, ok, thanks.  That's kind of surprising/disappointing it's not an option, so thanks for letting me know.

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

12 years ago

what other carriers offers this?

You seem suprised as if it's just not an option with AT&T.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I tried today to donate a portion of my gophone minutes to a friend , who lives in a low income, assisted living, senior housing complex & on a limited income.  His only link to family and friends is thru his cell phone.  AT&T Gophone rep. advised that they are no longer able to this.  I have $275 in my account that I will never use, because I only use my cell phone for emergencies.  It is a shame that a large corporation like AT&T is so greedy.  Does anyone know of a carrier who allows donation of unused minutes, to needy senior citizens? I tried calling AT&T corporate office, but all you get is the usual telephone prompt.  This has made me so upset, I will never use their services again!

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

You can give Gophone refill.   Just don't know if they will let you use your balance.  You can also use your balance for merchandise.

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1008660

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

@ Lizdance40  Yes I knew I could buy refills, friend still has two months on his plan, but running out of minutes.  Thanks for the info.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.