Helpful Links

Can I use an unlocked older iphone to replace my dumb phone for my AT & T phone service?

Contributor

Can I use an unlocked older iphone to replace my dumb phone for my AT & T phone service?

I have an used unlocked Phone that my daughter had on her at&t account that she replaced. I have an AT &T cell phone (dumb phone) and want to upgrade my AT &T service to be able use the smart phone. First can I do this and second do I have to sign up with a 2 year contract with AT & T ?

Thanking you in advance

Barbara

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Can I use an unlocked older iphone to replace my dumb phone for my AT & T phone service?

Yes, you can do that and no, since you are bringing a used phone in, you do not need to sign a 2 year contract.
2 year contracts are only required when you get a subsidized price on a new phone.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: Can I use an unlocked older iphone to replace my dumb phone for my AT & T phone service?

how can i unlock an old iphone 5 no longer in use.  It is paid for and I want to give it to someone who uses another carrier, but it was an ATT phone.  I am still an ATT user, but have a newer phone and this older one was no longer being used.  I've tried to unlock but the ATT web site says it doesn't recognize the imei number.

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support