Can I use an unlocked older iphone to replace my dumb phone for my AT & T phone service?

Contributor

Can I use an unlocked older iphone to replace my dumb phone for my AT & T phone service?

I have an used unlocked Phone that my daughter had on her at&t account that she replaced. I have an AT &T cell phone (dumb phone) and want to upgrade my AT &T service to be able use the smart phone. First can I do this and second do I have to sign up with a 2 year contract with AT & T ?

Thanking you in advance

Barbara

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: Can I use an unlocked older iphone to replace my dumb phone for my AT & T phone service?

Yes, you can do that and no, since you are bringing a used phone in, you do not need to sign a 2 year contract.
2 year contracts are only required when you get a subsidized price on a new phone.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: Can I use an unlocked older iphone to replace my dumb phone for my AT & T phone service?

how can i unlock an old iphone 5 no longer in use.  It is paid for and I want to give it to someone who uses another carrier, but it was an ATT phone.  I am still an ATT user, but have a newer phone and this older one was no longer being used.  I've tried to unlock but the ATT web site says it doesn't recognize the imei number.

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support