Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Can I get a record of text messages?

Highlighted
Contributor

Can I get a record of text messages?

My husband & i are on the same phone plan. I wanted to see if I can get a record of his texts & if so how do I go about it , because I can put this on my file for divorce .

Message 1 of 9
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Sage (ACE - Sage)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎08-23-2016 6:18 AM

Re: Hello

The only record available is date, time and number of who texts were sent to or received from. Those records are on your monthly bills. Just login to your online account to retrieve them. If you are looking for records of the text content, sorry that is not available. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 9
Contributor

Re: Can I get a record of text messages?

Hello
Message 3 of 9
Contributor

And how far back do they give you? Just for the past month?

Message 4 of 9
ACE - Sage

Over one year, I think 15-16 months.

any further back you have to pay per bill for a paper copy to be mailed.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 9
Contributor

IVE DONE THIS BEFORE BUT CANNOT REMEMBER WHAT PROVIDER I HAD BUT I DO REMEMBER I HAD A PREPAID PHONE AT THE TIME , WHICH IS NOT THE CURRENT SITUATION …..CAN I GET TEXT MESSAGE LOGS FROM PREVIOUS MONTHS ? IF SO, HOW DO I GO ABOUT DOING THAT?

YOUR HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Message 6 of 9
ACE - Expert

@TSCOTT79 Your call and text logs are available through your online account. The last 16 months for postpaid, 6 months for prepaid. 

Message 7 of 9
Contributor

WHAT ONLINE ACCOUNT ? A SPECIFIC WEB ADDRESS WOULD HELP  PLEASE

Message 8 of 9
ACE - Expert

@TSCOTT79 Your ATT wireless account. For postpaid, just go to att.com and click on the "Sign In" link or use the MyATT app. For prepaid, go to: https://www.paygonline.com/websc/loginPage.html. Here is additional info for postpaid: https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1048294?gsi=itnZUOY

Message 9 of 9
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support