Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Can I cancel a line after I get the Buy one Get one Free?

Contributor

Can I cancel a line after I get the Buy one Get one Free?

Ok 2 people.  If I upgrade my Iphone and get the buy one get one free option with a new line, can I immediately cancel the 1st line that is already paid off? 

and have 2 lines, 1 with my original number and 1 with a new line and number? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert

Re: Can I cancel a line after I get the Buy one Get one Free?

A requirement for the free phone is that both phones must be bought on installment plans, so if you were thinking of paying for the “buy one” phone upfront, that won’t work. If you cancel the “buy one” line, you will be billed for the balance owed on the phone. However, since it takes up to 3 bill cycles for the free phone credits to show up, I would be worried that cancelling that other line before you started getting credits would prevent you from getting any free phone credits.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

Sorry Im bad at explaining things. 

I currently have 2 phones. 

Phone A- Paid Off

Phone B- Paid Off

If I upgrade Phone B, and Get a new Phone C, both of which are under an Installment plan, Can I Cancel Phone A and Just have Phones B and C . Phone C which is the free phone.  lol . Hope this helps. 

Message 3 of 5
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by SinisterCooper
‎12-24-2017 4:18 PM

Yes, you can do that. I know someone who did the exact same thing earlier this year with the iPhone 7 BOGO and they are currently getting their free phone credits.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 5
Contributor

Awesome. Just verified through ATT. Thanks

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support