Need help understanding your bill?
dltidwell86's profile

Voyager

• 

1 Message

Thursday, November 15th, 2012 8:17 PM

Can I Use a GoPhone with Existing Two-Year Contract?

Hi,

I inadvertently lost my iPhone on a hiking trip and I still have several months to wait before I'm elgible for an upgrade.  I am wondering if I could buy a Fusion 2 GoPhone as a replacement for the meantime.  As stated in the title, I'm already on an existing contract and don't wish to prepay for minutes.  Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@dltidwell86 wrote:

Hi,

I inadvertently lost my iPhone on a hiking trip and I still have several months to wait before I'm elgible for an upgrade.  I am wondering if I could buy a Fusion 2 GoPhone as a replacement for the meantime.  As stated in the title, I'm already on an existing contract and don't wish to prepay for minutes.  Thank you in advance.

Yes you can, my mother-in-law broke her phone, I went to Best Buy and picked up a 49.00 ATT go-hone with akeyboard and it works fine - the draw back is if you have grandfathered unlimited data plan you will lose it, bit I think they have some smartphones that are go-phones also

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

if you still owe money on that original Iphone, will you have to pay off the amount of the phone before you can activate a new phone on that plan? or can you continue to just pay extra monthly to pay off the old phone?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.