For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Teverett2012's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, April 30th, 2017 12:50 AM

Buyout

I changed my plan from Verizon to AT&T in April of 2016 under the impression AT&T would pay the contract totals to Verizon. This never happened. We were told to get a last bill from Verizon and did so but are still having issues getting the money to buy our Verizon contracts out and are now in collections

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

ATT was never going to pay Verizon. You were responsible for paying Verizon. The switch offer reimburses you for termination fees or device payoffs. It does not sound like you followed the promotion requirements so it is probably way to late to fix it. Regardless, you are still responsible to pay Verizon. This site explains how the switch program works: https://extrameasures.att.com

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

We were told we would receive payment for the cancellation to pay Verizon. We never did. It was not until looking into this that we were told we needed final bill from Verizon. We understand time has passed but would like for AT&T to uphold their promotion promise and pay for the termination fees. We would never have switched from Verizon after 16 years with them if we knew AT&T would not hold up to their promised promotion

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

@Teverett2012

Did you read the requirements?   Did you follow them?  If you held up your end ATT would hold up theirs.  

If you did, then you would get reimbursed 

You should have already have received partial reimbursement right away as a trade in credit on phones.  Did you trade in your phones?   Did you get an account credit or gift cards?   many people use the gift cards to pay taxes and buy cases on new phones.  If so, pay an equal amount to Verizon as this was part of your reimbursement.  

You were told to get the last bill from Verizon, and did.  So what did you do with it?

How much did you owe on the phones?

How much did you get for trade in?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

I don't blame you, I'd want them to uphold the promotion too. But a year later? I'm sorry I just don't think there is anything you can do to make it happen now. Did you also trade in those Verizon phones and buy new ones from ATT on Next? That was also required for the promotion. If you kept your Verizon phones, you may be better off anyway. This is a customer to customer forum, so posting here isn't going to get ATT to do anything. You can try reaching out to @ATTMobilityCare via private message....but don't get your hopes up.

Just in case you decide to go back to Verizon, their switch offer works exactly the same way.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.