For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
trido's profile

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

Wednesday, March 18th, 2015 7:15 PM

Buying a used ATT phone that is still on NEXT program

Hi wonder about any issues say I buy a used iphone 6 that is still on NEXT program.

I know just put my nano sim and go , however if origianl owner has NOT paid the next off and he says defaults on paying it.

He still owes ATT for paymenst BUT would ATT  blacklist and turn the phone off for non payment?

thanks

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

9 years ago

Sorry about that ATT gave me the answer yes if a ATT next phone person stops payment that ends contract and the NEXT phone will be turned off.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

yes att would blacklist the phone.  If the person does not keep up the payments or closes there account and lets it fall to collections the phone should get blacklisted.  To me buying a phone that is on next contract would scare me.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Coming from actual AT&T corporate employees, they do not blacklist phones for delinquent bills, they send you to collections and recoup their losses that way. The phone is yours once you leave the store.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

From previous posts, it is not blacklisted, but you will never be able to unlock the phone for another carrier. 

(Previous post was a customer who didn't pay off his Next contract, switched to GoPhone, and 6 months later thought ATT would unlock his phone)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.