Need help understanding your bill?
Tlc9359's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, August 1st, 2016 4:56 PM

Bundle att and direct tv bills to save 10 dollar per month savings

I signed up for direct tv service on July 12, 2016 and on July 16, 2016 AT&T decided not to give a discount to bundle DirecTV and AT&T but I was not told this. Then on July 18 I got my direct TV installed and as directed called after installation to get the discount. Then I was told I can't have it. They will literally have stolen 240 dollars from me after the two year contract will be up. One of the reasons I decided to change to DirecTV was the $10 per month savings when you bundle bills. When I called to bundle the bills, they told me that promotion ended on July 16. This is wrong! I was sold DirecTV and bought it because of the savings and literally I cannot even get a tech support person to truly escalate the call. I had one who said he would escalate the call and I would get a call back, and I never did. I was also transferred three times with nobody solving my problem. What do I do? I am so frustrated with lies. Are there any suggestions for an attorney to contact? I have been so surprised at all the complaints I have seen since I started investigating this.

I was also told if I use the direct tv app I would not be charged data, I think I am because I'm getting data warnings of using all my data. How do I check thus?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

Whoever told you the Directv app would not use data was wrong. I find it hard to believe anyone would actually tell you that, it had to be a misunderstanding. If you are on cellular data and not on wifi, every single app on your phone that accesses the Internet uses data. 

Ref the $10 savings for bundling, I honestly don't know if that is a promotion that ended or not but there have been so many issues with combined billing, you are probably better off not having it. If you still want it, though, I suggest you send a private message to @ATTMobilityCare

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.