Need help understanding your bill?
patsytyson's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, May 19th, 2010 4:14 AM

Blocking a SPAM Text with nasty language and pictures

I have started receiving a text message from a number that I do not recognize.  I have not responded to the number.  The text messages have now started containing vulgar language with vulgar pictures.  How do I get this stopped?

Accepted Solution

Professor

• 

3.4K Messages

14 years ago

call you local police department have them call the number. or Change your Number. no way to block text messages. unless you get call limits but i do not believe that will block incoming text messages. talk to AT&T see if they can change your number it cost 36$ but maybe give you a courtsey number change show them the incoming text messages.

Master

• 

4.2K Messages

14 years ago

Odds are theyre texting you by mistake. you can send them a message and let them know they're texting the wrong person. But only if you're comfortable with it. If not then I agree with the post above me

Guru

• 

386 Messages

14 years ago

I know this sounds silly but I've done it on for my mom's prepaid phone, send a message back with something along the lines of 'your text message to this at&t customer has been blocked due to spam'

Scholar

• 

340 Messages

14 years ago

@MissM wrote:
I know this sounds silly but I've done it on for my mom's prepaid phone, send a message back with something along the lines of 'your text message to this at&t customer has been blocked due to spam'

That's actually a really good idea! Awesome tip.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

14 years ago

This sounds like a good idea!  I may add that "Spam text messages with a vulgar subject will be submitted to the local police department."

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

14 years ago

so this doesn't really work, you're merely trying to trick the person doing the harrassing into believing that he's been blocked?

That isn't a solution. Not being able to truly block someone from text messaging your own phone at a day and age like this is

ridiculous.

Scholar

• 

100 Messages

10 years ago

Depending on what type of phone( higher end smart phones) you have you can actually block numbers from contacting you. You should be able to access the feature through your settings, or by tapping edit when the number is displayed. Other than that, you can always get an app to take care of it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.