Blocking a SPAM Text with nasty language and pictures

Contributor

Blocking a SPAM Text with nasty language and pictures

I have started receiving a text message from a number that I do not recognize.  I have not responded to the number.  The text messages have now started containing vulgar language with vulgar pictures.  How do I get this stopped?

Message 1 of 8
Professor

Re: Blocking a SPAM Text with nasty language and pictures

call you local police department have them call the number. or Change your Number. no way to block text messages. unless you get call limits but i do not believe that will block incoming text messages. talk to AT&T see if they can change your number it cost 36$ but maybe give you a courtsey number change show them the incoming text messages.

Message 2 of 8
Master

Odds are theyre texting you by mistake. you can send them a message and let them know they're texting the wrong person. But only if you're comfortable with it. If not then I agree with the post above me

Message 3 of 8
Guru

I know this sounds silly but I've done it on for my mom's prepaid phone, send a message back with something along the lines of 'your text message to this at&t customer has been blocked due to spam'

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 8
Scholar

MissM wrote:
I know this sounds silly but I've done it on for my mom's prepaid phone, send a message back with something along the lines of 'your text message to this at&t customer has been blocked due to spam'

That's actually a really good idea! Awesome tip.

Message 5 of 8
Contributor

This sounds like a good idea!  I may add that "Spam text messages with a vulgar subject will be submitted to the local police department."

Message 6 of 8
Contributor

so this doesn't really work, you're merely trying to trick the person doing the harrassing into believing that he's been blocked?

That isn't a solution. Not being able to truly block someone from text messaging your own phone at a day and age like this is

ridiculous.

Message 7 of 8
Highlighted
Scholar

Depending on what type of phone( higher end smart phones) you have you can actually block numbers from contacting you. You should be able to access the feature through your settings, or by tapping edit when the number is displayed. Other than that, you can always get an app to take care of it.

Message 8 of 8
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support