For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Buyonegetone's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, July 15th, 2017 3:02 PM

Billed for two phones in the buy one get one promo

I recently added a line and upgraded an existing line. I have DIRECTV and was told I would be eligible for the buy one get one phone. My bill shows owe for both phones.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

5 years ago

@dkmv2006 wrote:
I added a new line for a cell phone and 2 iPads which probably didn’t count plus TV.
I had 2 lines from previous BOGO and one family member line. After 3 additions brought
account to 5 lines.

Did you buy the ‘free’ phone on that line that was brand new to AT&T?  Or was it ported from a competing carrier (which one).   As I wrote, upgrading 2 existing lines doesn’t count.  Neither does adding lines to your plan that are already on AT&T service.  

Uverse or satellite TV?    

No iPads don’t count, see ⬆️   

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

The 2017 BOGO promotion required adding a new line. I added a new line to my account.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

5 years ago

@dkmv2006 wrote:
The 2017 BOGO promotion required adding a new line. I added a new line to my account.

I can’t tell if that’s an evasive answer.  Either you don’t know, or don’t want to say . . .  

The free phone had to be purchased on the new line.  New to AT&T. Could not come from another carrier that resells AT&T, Cricket or AT&T prepaid.  New, means not already using AT&T in some way.  To be new, it had to be added and phone purchased on it at the same time.   I know it’s been 2 years, but your bill shows which line was paying for that phone.  If you don’t recal where the new line came from, ask the family member what carrier they used before You added him to your plan.   If you upgraded 2 existing lines you didn’t qualify.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.