Need help understanding your bill?
Buyonegetone's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, July 15th, 2017 3:02 PM

Billed for two phones in the buy one get one promo

I recently added a line and upgraded an existing line. I have DIRECTV and was told I would be eligible for the buy one get one phone. My bill shows owe for both phones.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@Buyonegetone wrote:
Iphone7. On the 5th of July.

@Buyonegetone

you will be bill for the phone for 3 months then the credits will start...  its more like 1 to 2 months.  My s8 promo the credits started the next month.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

6 years ago

@ToyToy wrote:

So basically you can use the 'credit' for up to $650 per phone (which is basically only 3 phones) OR apply it towards yours incoming bills. However, if it's BOGO why would you still have a 'payoff' installment amount for the 2 free phones? Did I not already pay for them when I applied my credits to my huge billing for the first 2 months of switching? I have 4 lines with the BOGO and to pay off my installment plans for all of them will be roughly $3500! How is this possible if 2 phones are free? I'm basically paying for those phones. Aren't I?

If you order (and qualify for, of course) phones using the BOGO promotion, $21.67 a month (for example) for each phone. After 2-3 months, you will then receive a credit of $21.67 a month to offset the cost of one phone. Each month the remaining balance on each phone goes down by $21.67. 

If you cancel, you no longer qualify for the promotion and the remaining balance on both phones is due. In other words, the second phone is only free if you stay with AT&T for the full term of the Next plan. That's the "catch". You didn't think they would just give away a phone because they're nice, did you?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Buyonegetone  They will always bill you for two phones, but eventually they will start giving you credits back for the free phone.

The clarify:

1. What exact date?
  2. What phones?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Iphone7. On the 5th of July.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

This is not what I was told.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@Buyonegetone wrote:
This is not what I was told.

@Buyonegetone

Take that up with the store or sales team....  Below is the terms of service for the bogo.

bogo1.PNG

Capture.PNG

2 Attachments

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

So basically you can use the 'credit' for up to $650 per phone (which is basically only 3 phones) OR apply it towards yours incoming bills. However, if it's BOGO why would you still have a 'payoff' installment amount for the 2 free phones? Did I not already pay for them when I applied my credits to my huge billing for the first 2 months of switching? I have 4 lines with the BOGO and to pay off my installment plans for all of them will be roughly $3500! How is this possible if 2 phones are free? I'm basically paying for those phones. Aren't I?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Please help as I am beyond frustrated with ATT's customer service regarding an issue I’ve been dealing with for almost two years.  I am needing to speak with someone high up in the ATT Customer Care organization to resolve this issue.  Also, I understand we can’t email directly to @ATTCares anymore. Now I could be wrong so here’s my problem.

The problem: In April 2017, BOGO was advertised and my spouse and I decided it was time to get bigger phones (7plus) than continue to use the iPhone (small) 6s.

By the way, our 6s phones had been BOGO and since we didn’t experience any problems with that promotion we thought why not.

In addition, we upgraded our phone service to qualify for the BOGO promotion. 

We were told that we would be billed 3 cycles of the second phone charge and then in month 4 we would receive a credit and then no longer be billed for the second phone, making the second phone free.  

It definitely did not work out like that. 

I started calling customer service regularly and each time was told that we did qualify for BOGO and it would be another 3 months before it would show up on our bill. After those 3 months I went back to the local ATT store because there was still no credit for BOGO. 

After the 5th month I started making payment arrangements on my phone bill since I was going to use the credit to get my account current. 

The credit never came. 

I was given Inquiry ID # and visited the local ATT rep that sold me the phones. She looked over my inquiries and saw that I qualified for BOGO. Then, she went further and called to question why I hadn’t got my BOGO credit.  The customer service rep had told the local rep that I would no longer get BOGO because my account was not current. It was current for the first three months and I was not given my BOGO credit. 

I was so disappointed that no one cared enough to help. 

After a year I spoke to the local store manager who told me he couldn’t help me get my credit 

because it was a lot of money and he didn’t want to get fired. 

Furthermore, he offered no resolution and/or remedy. Absolutely NOTHING.

Needless to say,  I felt like ATT did a bait and switch on me. Yes I struggle to pay my monthly bill but I always honor my payment plans.  I am exceedingly disappointed how ATT did not honor their promotion after the first 3 months.

All I ever wanted was someone to look over my Inquiry ID and give me my BOGO credit.

If I didn’t qualify in the first 3 months then I should not have been sold the phones in the first place. Personally, I believe I qualified but just never received the 2017 BOGO credit.

Your attention in this matter would be greatly appreciated. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

@dkmv2006 wrote:

Please help as I am beyond frustrated with ATT's customer service regarding an issue I’ve been dealing with for almost two years.  I am needing to speak with someone high up in the ATT Customer Care organization to resolve this issue.  Also, I understand we can’t email directly to @ATTCares anymore. Now I could be wrong so here’s my problem.

The problem: In April 2017, BOGO was advertised and my spouse and I decided it was time to get bigger phones (7plus) than continue to use the iPhone (small) 6s.

By the way, our 6s phones had been BOGO and since we didn’t experience any problems with that promotion we thought why not.   And were you new to AT&T to get that deal?   Phone promotions are to steal customers and add new business to make a profit.  Carriers don’t give out $700 phones to be nice or save us money.   

In addition, we upgraded our phone service to qualify for the BOGO promotion. 

⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

Its right there.   Or rather it isn’t there.  

That is not and never was a qualification or requirement for any BOGO offer.  The requirements are to add a new line and have At&t TV service.   Upgrading 2 existing phone lines did not add any business to AT&T which is the purpose of these phone offers for every single carrier.  

It is unfortunate you weren’t told at the time of the sale what the requirements were to get credits.  

Some promotions in 2017 also required not just a new line, but a line ported from a competing carrier.  

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I added a new line for a cell phone and 2 iPads which probably didn’t count plus TV.
I had 2 lines from previous BOGO and one family member line. After 3 additions brought
account to 5 lines.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.