For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Cwfbcjce's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, May 29th, 2015 6:59 PM

Bill shows call to my cell phone from my cell phone number

Why does my bill show incoming calls from my cell phone number? It is not voicemail.

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there @Cwfbcjce

I’d be happy to help explain these call records! This is usually the result of the other participant in the call withholding their number. As the number is not available for the call record, your number will be displayed in its place. This is quite common.

I hope this helps explain!

Charise

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

No this does not help. I do not accept calls from callers who do not show their number, such as private and blocked. However, i have an extensive list at the end of the month that reflects my cell number calling my cell phone.

Customers really need a better answer than this as this apparently is not the majority problem.

Research needs to be done to determine the cause and then a solution put in place.

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

8 years ago

Even though you may not answer those type calls, they will still show on your billing record.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

8 years ago

Call from doctors, switch boards, etc will show either a name or private on your caller ID.

Especially if included in your contact list.   If the caller blocks the number from showing, it may be in your contact list, but will not show on the bill.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I'm not sure that I agree with your answer. I called my husband's phone from my cell phone (my number is not blocked) and the call shows as he received a call from his number. A few days later he  received another call not from me and that call shows up as he called himself. I think there is more to it and would really like to know the reason that this is happening.

• 

2 Messages

Hello ,I'm having the same issue and wondering the same thing. I'll call and text my husband and on his account shows his number instead of mine also shows his own number to him self from calls that aren't from me .I' haven't had an explanation for why either att said they would call me back and never did

(edited)

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

8 years ago

This has been an ongoing problem and ATT has not made an effort to address the problem.  I have had this problem since September 2015 and have called ATT several times.  No one seems to have an answer! I just get excuses and no one follows up.

I think we should all drop ATT and maybe that will get their attention!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

If you forward your phone calls will it show up on the bill? I call my husband and it always has a lot of static on the phone and I hear other woman in the background he never has anyone in the car with him. Is their a way for other people to transfer calls without someone knowing

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

It can also be when someone doesn't want a number to appear on their bill, they add the true recipient's phone number into their call forwarding then they call their own number and it automatically calls the other person but appears on the bill as if they called themselves but without the VM off to the side. At least it used to work that way, it was a favorite for unfaithful men and women. I'm not saying that is the guaranteed answer to anyones situation only you would know that.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Why is it that some of my husbands calls and texts do not show on our phone bill?? 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I need to review cell phone numbers list why I can't find the list

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.