Need help understanding your bill?
Romantic4's profile

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

Saturday, April 8th, 2017 6:01 PM

Better Than Unlimited Data?

What is the meaning of "better" unlimited data? I bought UNLIMITED data back before you weren't
up front about the 22 GB bait and switch. So the notion of "better" than unlimited data plan is lost on me, A VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER. And you've cut me off the review section. Hello FTC and FCC. What is the meaning of "better" unlimited data?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

Well the DirecTV credit and free hbo for one. They also allow tethering up to 10gb full speed data. That is what makes it better

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

Priority limits and throttling has always been posted in the terms and conditions of every plan. Failure to read the fine print is not the fault of any carrier.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

Free roaming in Mexico and Canada 

unlimited talk and text.

There is no current unlimited plan that doesn't reprioritise at some point.  

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@David606

If that was the case att would not have lost in court to the FCC and ftc over throttling now would they.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

7 years ago

I'd be satisfied if I received the unlimited data I was sold. If you know the definition of unlimited, then you'd know that "tethering" is contrary to that definition, the reason why AT and T must now be up front about the 22 GB restriction (restriction on unlimited). But, I was sold unlimited data before that fact was made clear, thus my unlimited data is now limited and I believe I am appropriately unhappy.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

Your unlimited is not limited you still have no overages. Or would you rather att take away LTE from you since when unlimited was first was released you got 2g and 3g speeds

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

The limitations have been pretty clear the last few years since they started backup with Unlimited with DirecTV and even more clear with the new changes a month ago.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

7 years ago

By reprioritize, you mean lie. I'd be satisfied if I received the unlimited data I was sold. If you know the definition of unlimited, then you'd know that "tethering" is contrary to that definition, the reason why AT and T must now be up front about the 22 GB restriction (restriction on unlimited). But, I was sold unlimited data before that fact was made clear, thus my unlimited data is now limited and I believe I am appropriately unhappy.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

@Romantic4  Your original unlimited plan the throttled at 5 gigs maximum.  

That meant when you hit 5 gigs the ATT computer slowed your data till the next bill cycle.

about a year and a half ago, they changed it.  

ATT does not throttle unlimited. At 22 gigs a line is reprioritised.  Many report no slow down at all well past 22 gigs.  I don't think anyone has reported they hit 22 gigs like a wall.  Only occasional slow downs.  

If you really want the plan you originally bought back, fine.  ATT can cap your speed at 3G only.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

7 years ago

So, your goal is, to somehow in some way deliver a worse product if I complain, is that what your company is threatening? Why not just give those of us defrauded what we were sold? Wrong again my friend. I bought when it was 4 and before YOU were honest about throttling. It was fraud at the time, AT and T is now more upfront about the situation, but chumps like me live with what you represented. Why not just give us what you sold us? Or does that pay for your job?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.