Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Being Billed for Service after Cancellation and After transfer to another carrier.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Being Billed for Service after Cancellation and After transfer to another carrier.

Until recently I had an AT&T cellular account and hotspot for two cell phones.

Reception in my building was poor for several years and i finally switched carriers.

I had no contract and owned my phones.

I ported the phones to the new carrier on Feb 1 and Feb 4 2018.  I began active use on those dates and have telephone records to show this.

I called Customer service and cancelled the Hotspot and accepted the fact I had to pay a $134 cancellation fee.

I understand that many utilities have a policy to advance bill.  AT&T does this.  They charge for the next months service in a current billing cycle so they effectively have a deposit on the services to be provided.

I was charged in the cycle ending Feb 4 for the Period from Feb 5-March 4.

But my service was transferred so I have been charged in advance for services AT&T cannot render.  So I should be refunded.

The Manager on the Customer Service line named Epigmenio tells me AT&T does not reimburse for these services that that are unable to provide.  Yet I paid far all of the services i received.  So essentially AT&T is swindling me and others by advance billing us and then not providing services.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Thank you,

Bruce

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 77
ACE - Master

Re: Being Billed for Service after Cancellation and After transfer to another carrier.

@ladyhawk, T-Mobile bills in advance, too; that’s nothing unusual. 

What was your billing cycle and what day did you cancel?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 76 of 77
Contributor

Re: Being Billed for Service after Cancellation and After transfer to another carrier.

You are billed for service in advance for internet and Uverse.

Message 77 of 77
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support