Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: MAY does not equal ALWAYS. TRAINING purposes does not equal archived for retrieval later.

Being Billed for Service after Cancellation and After transfer to another carrier.

I discovered a charge of $62 on my credit card.  I no longer have Att.  I am on the phone but unable to get anyone to help me even figure out why I have this charge.  It will now be in the hundreds of dollars for no services.

Message 1 of 25

Re: The phrase DOUBLE CHECK was created for a reason.

I don't believe there should be time limits on honoring an agreement and doing the right thing. If in my job, I made a mistake and just said, "sorry, too bad, you should have made sure I was doing my job," I would be fired. I would have to make it right and that is all i am asking for.

Message 16 of 25
Contributor

You are all lying at AT&T, you do have that announcement on your lines, today when I called to report the same issues I was told that my call may be recorded for training purposes. Today is September 15, 2018, I have tried to cancel my service for the last 2 weeks, but I was told I would still be billed for another month, but if I called at one minute after midnight on the last day of my billing period I would not be charged anything!!!! Well there is no one to answer your phones at 1 minute after midnight, just another way that you All at At&T can cheat and steal from your customers. I was no longer in a contract, and all of my devices had been previously paid for, but you still screwed me, AGAIN!!! You are the worst company in America with the worst service of any cellular company in America, yet when we tried to get help in the entire 4 years of having been STUCK with AT&T we got nothing for our thousands of dollars over those years, lack of service, slower than aol dial up, dropped calls, or no service to even make a call, and most of all we were told that our phones and iPad would not work with any other carrier, another high LIE to keep us under your spell. We will tell everyone we know not to ever TRUST AT&T and to switch to another carrier if they aren’t in your pathetic contracts. Your company and your slime ball ways of taking money from consumers without delivering any type of quality of service is going to come to an abrupt stop. Word of mouth and social media is a powerful source for anyone that has been screwed over by AT&T!!!!

Message 17 of 25
ACE - Expert

@VictimOfScams, you can cancel at any time on the last day of the billing cycle to avoid starting another month of service.

Although, if your service is as bad as you claim, I’d think paying for the rest of the billing to switch immediately you be a small price to pay. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 18 of 25
Contributor

We had tried that numerous times, AT&T kept telling us our phones and iPad were not compatible with any other carriers, besides they also told us to call one minute after midnight to cancel our services, that also turned out to be another lie!! 

Message 19 of 25
ACE - Expert

Re: one minute after midnight?

@VictimOfScams wrote:

but if I called at one minute after midnight on the last day of my billing period I would not be charged anything!!!! Well there is no one to answer your phones at 1 minute after midnight, just another way that you All at At&T can cheat and steal from your customers.

How does that even make sense? It's clearly nonsense.

Why would one minute after midnight be cheaper than the minute before? And why stay up to midnight if you can call earlier?

You get billed every month, you can easily check your billing cycle to see when your cycle starts and ends.

yet when we tried to get help in the entire 4 years of having been STUCK with AT&T we got nothing for our thousands of dollars over those years, lack of service, slower than aol dial up, dropped calls, or no service to even make a call

Again this doesn't make sense, why would you stay a customer for FOUR years? It's not like they have a payment plan that lasts more than 30 months.

and most of all we were told that our phones and iPad would not work with any other carrier, another high LIE to keep us under your spell.

Do you think AT&T salespeople and reps keep track of what carriers their devices work on? What would be the benefit of that? To tell customers what carriers they could switch to?

Still not making sense.

We will tell everyone we know not to ever TRUST AT&T and to switch to another carrier if they aren’t in your pathetic contracts. Your company and your slime ball ways of taking money from consumers without delivering any type of quality of service is going to come to an abrupt stop. Word of mouth and social media is a powerful source for anyone that has been screwed over by AT&T!!!!

Tell them to practice some common sense with ANYONE they are signing up with (cellular, cable, etc.) and to read the website for details and check their bill for billing periods.

And if they want to know if their device will work on another carrier, either check with the manufacturer or the carrier that they want to switch to.

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 20 of 25
ACE - Expert

Re: MAY does not equal ALWAYS. TRAINING purposes does not equal archived for retrieval later.

@VictimOfScams wrote:

You are all lying at AT&T, you do have that announcement on your lines, today when I called to report the same issues I was told that my call may be recorded for training purposes.

"May be" means it might be, it doesn't mean it's saved forever.

"Recorded for training purposes" doesn't mean it's sorted and kept in a format to look up past employees calls by other customer service reps; doesn't mean it's kept anywhere very long at all.

And it does NOT mean YOUR call was actually recorded...

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Message 21 of 25
ACE - Sage

@VictimOfScams

Service for all carriers is month to month.  You cancel by porting your phone numbers out to a different carrier, but must call and request tablet (or any non-phone)  lines be canceled.  

You can cancel anytime, but will pay for the entire month, so it’s advised you do so at the end of the month.  If porting out, do so 1 or 2 days before as porting is not always instant.  8FC1B333-0C75-430B-9F4A-FD882DA9A71C.jpeg

Read how Verizon words it......

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 22 of 25
Highlighted

Original poster here. AT&T did decide to reverse all charges. I have a very long history of calls to them regarding this cancellation.  I followed everything they asked me to do and they followed through by honoring their side of things. This wasn't one call but year(s) long process. Good for them for honoring what they said.

Message 23 of 25
Contributor

I am being billed for direct tv when you can no longer provide me with service because of trees. You refused to place my dish in a higher position and therefore I had to switch to Xfinity, still an at&t company. I have used Direct TV for decades and have always been a loyal customer. Now, you want to bill me for services YOU cannot provide me with because YOU say I never cancelled my subscription. What is wrong with you? Is this how you treat loyal customers?

Message 24 of 25
ACE - Sage

@zachia wrote:

I am being billed for direct tv when you can no longer provide me with service because of trees. You refused to place my dish in a higher position and therefore I had to switch to Xfinity, still an at&t company. I have used Direct TV for decades and have always been a loyal customer. Now, you want to bill me for services YOU cannot provide me with because YOU say I never cancelled my subscription. What is wrong with you? Is this how you treat loyal customers?

1.   This is a customer populated forum for wireless (cell phones)

2.  Xfinity is NOT owned by At&t/direcTV. 
3.  You were willing to PAY for reinstall?  Otherwise trees are your department.  
4.  If you were still in a 2 year contract, you are billed an ETF which you have to pay.  
5.  If you didn’t call and cancel and return equipment, yeah, they still bill you.

Call the TV department, not wireless.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 25 of 25
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support