Need help understanding your bill?
Aginn10's profile

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Thursday, September 19th, 2019 11:20 AM

BLOCKED FROM NETWORK DESPITE HAVING PAID A MONTH AHEAD! NO HELP, FCC COMPLAINT FILED

To say I’m angry at AT&T is an understatement. After 20 years, I left AT&T for Sprint last September, service was awful, I paid my device off in full and came back to att June 2019.  Had NO problems with my phone or service and then September 15, at 4pm, no network. Said I was blocked.  I came back and did prepaid, so I am paid thru mid October with AT&T and Asurion. I call At&T asking why I can’t use my phone.  They tell me my phone was reported stolen.  The person at the store told me it was blacklisted. I called and spent 2 hours on phone with Sprint, had a conference call with AT&T and sprint. Sprint repeatedly told them they did NOT blacklist me, I paid In full and was free to go wherever I wanted. Att told them they showed them blacklisting my device. Sprint told them “we can’t remove a block because there isn’t one to remove!” Sprint assured me all was clear and they couldn’t control what att saw on their end. All IMEI reports were clean and good. AT&T’s final word was “we can’t help you”. Eight hours spent on this. Customer of 23 years. I’ve had my # 20 years and if I lose it over this I’m not sure what action I’ll take. I’ve had to go to Verizon who set me up a month of service (funny. No IMEI issues there?!) prepaid. So I’ve now spent $80 and $55 for services, of which the $80, I’m not allowed access to. Will I be refunded for them denying me access for something I paid for? No.  Att tells me to call Asurion and file a claim. I called, woman said “this is weird.. you’re paid through October your policy is good but it says suspended?”  Oh! More $ I paid out I’ll never see again. No one, NO ONE, will help me.  No one gets management when I ask no one would let me talk to someone who could help.  I can’t even find an email to send this to because AT&T treats their prepaid customers like step children. My time and stress has been ridiculously high, I leave the country in 2 days and anyone who has ever needed me, can’t reach me now. SHAME ON YOU AT&T FOR NOT TRYING OR CARING ABOUT YOUR CUSTOMERS. Hopefully this gets some attention.54927522-B087-4230-9E3F-5241E40D5C07.jpeg

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

@lizdance40 @sandblaster  I did just that. After 7 hours on phone with support and in the store as well, I took my business to Verizon and ported to them after 20+ years. Phone has worked great ever since. I filed a complaint with the FCC and still am beyond angry I was forced to be out so much money and switch carriers because no one wanted to admit there was a glitch or prove there was ..  anyway, I DO appreciate you guys reading my posts and offering the advice. It’s a shame really. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

I totally understand your anger.  Just keep in mind an honest mistake was probable made and fixing it isn’t as easy when it’s a blacklist.  

Please follow through with the FCC.  There is still a chance the blacklist will catch up with your phone (hope not)

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

File online with Better Business Bureau too. I actually got email from ATT office Manager to ATT President.  Still waiting on my situation.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.