Need help understanding your bill?
Wheelrahim747's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, May 3rd, 2016 1:53 AM

Att switch program mail and rebate

I ported over from tmobile to att. While the switcher offer was going on and i filed my final bill from tmobile to att mail and rebate website as soon as i recieved it . It has been 4 weeks now and it still says "required waiting period " in the status. My main concern is that i got a letter from tmobile saying that i have 10 days to pay the final bill or else it goes to collection which will obviously effect my credit. I tried calling the mail and rebate procesing center and i was waiting for a rep to aswer the phone for about 1hour and a 30 min after that the phone just hung up itself not really sure what was going on. The att rep at store said it will only take 3 weeks for my gift card from att to come in the mail so i will be able to pay my t mobile bill before the final notice comes in the mail from tmobile which obviously was not true. I own a small business and my business depends on my credit. I worked hard to build my credit and cant have it ruined over something like this . If someone could please help me out !! That would mean alot !

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

8 years ago

You will have to pay the ETF. The rebate takes 2 - 3 billing cycles before you receive the credit.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

The switching deal is a reimbursement offer, which means you pay them and ATT will pay you later.  

If you read the deal, you get credit right away for the phone you turn in, the credit for the difference between the phone credit and the ETF.  If you got $300 for the phone and owed $350 in device payments, you get another $50, or a total of only $350.  It's a break even deal, not a money maker.

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

8 years ago

I paid my Sprint account off when I switched and I have not gotten my promised rebate. I have paid on time for the last 3 months. I have submitted everything I was supposed to submit including a copy of my sprint bill that I paid off. I'm so angry about this. 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I was on a jump on demand lease.. There was a payment for the lease amount and final pay off amount. I was only paid the lease amount not the device pay off amount.. Att is unclear in its practices.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

*unethical

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

@tintina2001

@tintina2001 wrote:

I was on a jump on demand lease.. There was a payment for the lease amount and final pay off amount. I was only paid the lease amount not the device pay off amount.. Att is unclear in its practices.

The switch offer gives you credit for trading in your old phone and reimburses you for the Lease, ETF or installment payments or device payments on the same phone you traded in.

It does not pay off your service or taxes.   (Your post is contradictory.  You say it paid off the lease, not the device pay off.  Wouldn't they be the same thing?)

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/switch-and-save-etf.html

image.png

1 Attachment

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

8 years ago

It's been 10 weeks and I'm still waiting for my rebate! DO NOT switch to AT&T. Was asked to speak to a supervisor and was told I couldn't because giving out her name is personal information! REALLY? You cash my checks ASAP and I can't talk to the person who takes my money? AT&T SUCKS!!!!!

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

8 years ago

That's BULL! You dangle a carrot and never follow through. Seriously people, do NOT go to AT&T. All you'll get are phone calls from your last carrier looking for the money AT&T promised you. You'll call and they give you the run around. They are huge scam artists

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

@Heidi23.  I provided contact information for you on your other post.  Please let us know on that thread if ATT follows up and gets your account straightened out.

It is not a scam....but the requirements are picky and if one link falls, the computer doesn't generate the credits.   It takes the right CSR to fix it.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

@lizdance40 I am having issues as well getting my rebate.  I have spoken with several people from ATT and Young America, the 3rd party group involved in the rebates.  Each time I talk to someone I get a different reason why I have not received my rebate.  I was just told that I have to wait for my account to be "declined" then resubmit my Tmobile bill and start over.  This could take another 13 weeks from the date YA received my final tmobile initial;y, which was either 5/6, 5/16 or 5/19 depending on who you speak to.  I received a letter stating it was denied 5/23 because "phone not received" then told that was sent in error.  They do indeed have all 5 phones I ported over.  Any advice or help you can give me to fix this asap would be helpful.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.