For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Cajunman6335's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, May 30th, 2017 5:53 PM

Att not honoring their free phone for switching to att with directv

I was supposed to get credit each month for my installments on my LG G5 because I switched from Sprint and I already had DirecTv. Going on 6 months now and no credits. Have contacted Att multiple times with no results. Will no longer pay my bill until this is resolved.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

7 years ago

A few questions before making suggestions (suggestions are generally based on the answers you give):

(Yes/No/Date works for most answers)

1. What model iPhone did you trade in? iPhone 6

2. Your purchased your iPhone 7 specifically on what date? (or order date)  9/16/2016

3. You turned off Find My iPhone? Yes

4. The turned in iPhone was definitely 100% paid off? Yes

5. You purchased the new iPhone on Next? Yes

6. Have you been late for any of your payments since you purchased? No

7. You turned the old iPhone in at the AT&T store or in the mail? ATT Store

8. What date did you turn in (or mail) the old iPhone? Turned it in when purchased on 9/16

9. Your receipt for turning it in said $0.00 for the trade in? I assume so, I got 0 money for it.

10. You removed the 4-digit passcode from the iPhone? Yes, it was reset.

11. What condition was the turned in iPhone? Excellent and still under apple care.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

@kspider  Was there a follow up notice regarding trade in value?   You should have got a notice within a short time of trade in.  (Usually an email saying phone is worth $150).   Credits should have begun in 2 to 3 bills.  

If that didn’t happen, you need to track the phone.  You need the IMEI.   Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s sitting in the store.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

7 years ago

I never got any trade in value notice... 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

@kspider  Since you turned in in a store, that’s concerning.  Very concerning.    Either ATT has it, and it’s mislabeled, or lost, or an employee never turned it in.  

The fact you have proof of trade in should be enough for ATT to pay the credits and then put the effort into finding thenphone they lost.  

It’s time to play hardball.  Message ATT here @ATTCares.  With your records.  Especially the copy of proof of trade in at the store.  Tell them you’re done fooling around and expect credits on next months bill.   If they don’t credit all back amounts, file with the BBB, FTC and your state AG office.  

Please keep in touch with the forum.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

7 years ago

Sorry, one edit, it was an iPhone 6s that was traded in.

Most recent conversation (an hour ago) with ATT said they have no record of the phone being turned in. Told me to go to the store I did so and have them pull up the receipt/record of me turning it in, as they can only do that apparently.

Will update.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

@kspider   Please do.  I smell a rat, or an incompetent. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

AT&T seems to be full of those.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

7 years ago

Update: went to store, they tell me the line I have receiving the free iPhone credit is the trade in offer. 

They said the line NOT getting credit is the Directv offer. They looked up the offer and it says it ended on 9/15. My phone was purchased on 9/16 so the offer was over. It again started up st the end of the month. 

The only offer I can find online shows start date, but has no end date. I would not have gotten the phone had I not been told it was free with my DirecTV account. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

@kspider  Okay...just to confirm,

1.    how many lines did you add to ATT?  

2.    You are getting the iPhone trade in $650 fall trade in?

3.     Second line is NOT getting credit, you expected credit for switching and having direct TV?

Im digging up both offers, as they may have limited you to one free phone in 12 months...

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

7 years ago

Ported 3 lines over

Getting the trade in offer for one line.

Second line is not getting credit for Directv offer because they say the offer ended 9/15. I got phone on 9/16 in store, where they told me about the offer.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.