For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Familyforever's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, May 5th, 2016 6:54 PM

Att is ripping us off

My wife and I went to a AT&T store to get my daughter a line started for her 16th birthday. Well we took in a Verizon phone, (which was are old phone carrier). Then phone was disconnected but the AT&T worker told us it still will work, so we have him the go ahead to use it, well it worked so we left the store after paying are 20% down. My daughter was so happy, she had a new phone and life was great for a couple days. Well the happiness ended and that's when we found out we where in AT&T prison, my daughter's phone was shut off because AT&T said it could not use that Verizon number. We tryed everything to get it to work but failed, Then came a AT&T gut shot we now have a 500 dollar charge on are Bill.
We contacted AT&T a bunch of times, and with different results in which never helped. We where told we need to pay the full price for the phone to activate it. They said they tryed to add credit to are account but it would not allow them too ( sounds like bull to me, all they need to do is get a AT&T gift card and add that to the account, imo.) Well to end it all here, becarefull with AT&T they don't care for there customers.

Guru

• 

629 Messages

8 years ago

There are certain phones that are incompatible with certain networks, even when they are unlocked.  However, the rep should have known to check if the particular device you wanted your daughter to use was compatible with the network ahead of time.  It's odd because you said it worked for awhile, which tells me it is compatible with the ATT network, but, when it stopped working, they told you it was because the device was not compatible with the network.  Very odd.  

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

Hang on, you didn't say where the Verizon phone came from.

Did you port a number from Verizon?  It wouldn't have worked for a couple days if the port failed, so the number is not the problem.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

The number was ported from a Verizon phone.
We got her a s6 edge + from AT&T.
It worked for a couple of days which is very confusing then it stopped working. That's when we called AT&T, which lead to the rest.
They said the number the AT&T worker used from Verizon was no good. ( confused ).

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

If the porting was a failure the issue is with the former carrier not releasing the number. I am sure a new number can be assigned with no problem and service can continue as normal

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.