Need help understanding your bill?
Nikki41's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, April 29th, 2017 7:20 PM

Att doesn't care about their customers

No question. Just for everyone to be aware. I have been with Att 10 years plus. I received a letter in the mail telling me that they are going up $5 on my plan and my speeds will slow down. This is all because I was grandfathered into a plan that they don't have anymore. I refuse to get off of it just because they don't have it anymore. That's not my problem that you took the plan away. So I guess this is a tactic for them to make me get off of it which I am not until I get ready. Don't get to comfortable, as I did, because they will come with something stupid no matter how long you have been a customer. Customers are not valued at all

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

The part about slowing your data is not new. They have been doing that in one form or another for over 6 years, it's in the letter because ATT did not do a good job of notifying customers. By the way, 6 years ago, the threshold was 5GB, not the 22GB it is now. Oh, and every carrier has some sort of similar policy on their unlimited plans. As for the $5 increase, perhaps you should consider the new unlimited plan.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

It may not be new to you but it is new to me. They may have been doing it in other ways but I wasn't aware of it. My speeds have never been this slow. My plan is unlimited! It is just a plan that they do not offer anymore. I don't know what the other carriers have nor do I care. I am only concerned with Att for right now.

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

So why should the cost of something remain the same as it was 10 years ago? Does gasoline remain the same price? Cable television? Wheat and other grains? Gold and silver?

No they don't. Data is a commodity just like any other commodity. The terms of AT&T's service say they may increase the price with advanced notice and the ability to cancel your contract if you're under one. No one is forcing you off any plan. If you want to keep it you're more than welcome to do so. However the price increase comes along with that. Why should other customers have to subsidize someone else? Tenure isn't the only factor that determines a customer's worth to a company. It's not fair to users of other plans just because grandfathered users happened to get these plans back in the day. The increase in data costs, network deployment and maintenance is shared by all users.

Your data was always being subject to slowing down. This has been in effect since the creation of the unlimited data plan. All unlimited plans had prioritization. On the grandfathered plans it was detailed in the fair usage policy in the written paperwork.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I hate this wireless service since they couldn't help me order this tablet online that I am dying to have. If they really wanted to sale their products then they would do anything they can to help me today

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

AT&T has always used some kind of data optimization on its cell phone plans.  The policy has changed over the years, and due to FCC pressure, the need to inform customers regularly that there is a policy in place is required.  

The only change is you now know about it.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Employee, you are irrelevant to me since you weren't the one to speak to the customer service reps or receive the letters. I could speak with 3 different reps in one day and be told different things in all 3 conversations. I can read very well and hear very well. I never said anything should stay the same. I said you all don't value your customers who have been with you for a long period of time. My concern is not about new customers and what's fair to them. That's your job to take care of them since you seem to know so much. Good luck as an employee. I hope you get your bonus for this.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

No one posting here is getting paid, including David.    ATT was threatened with a huge fine for not informing customers of their data policy.  So now you know.  

Doesn't matter if your new or old, all customers are under some kind of data optimization policy so that everyone has data to use.  

If you don't like it, you can go elsewhere and be optimized, throttled or reprioritised at the current plan rates of another carrier.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.