For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
LeonDeLeon's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 13th, 2015 2:41 AM

Asurion

Hello, why does AT&T continue to recommend Asurion to it's customers when they have so many bad reviews? It's not insurance - it's false advertising & fraud. My experience is similar to those below & is still not resolved weeks after I initiated the claim!

These are straight off conumer affairs. com top 849 complaints!!!

I filed a loss complaint online for my Samsung Galaxy 5 on October 7th, at which time I filled out the affidavit. The confirmation email that I got stated processing would take 24 hours. When I called for an update, the representative filed duplicate incorrect claim. To make a very long story short, today is October 12th and I'm still being told my affidavit wasn't approved until the 9th. And from then a second level of approval takes 2-3 business days. Today is a holiday (Columbus Day), so apparently today doesn't even count. The last rep stated it would be the 14th before I would know if I am even approved to get another phone. I am out of town, thousands of miles away from home and I have no form of communication with my family, friends or work which I am on call for. I HATE THIS COMPANY WITH A PASSION. And I almost want to cancel my services with T-mobile because of this experience.

I dropped my iPhone 6 in the bathtub. It stopped working. I could not turn it on. So I filed a claim with Asurion because I pay $11 a month for insurance with them. So I am told I have to pay a $200 deductible, which I did, and they sent me a replacement phone. So far so good. The instructions for returning my old phone were as follows: "Place the parcel in your mailbox, give it to a postal carrier or take it to the Post Office. Retain this tab for your records." The next day after receiving my new phone I took the package to the Post Office and dropped it in the mailbox inside. I did exactly as I was instructed to do.

About a month later, I received a letter from Asurion stating that they had not received my phone and if they did not receive it by a certain date, I would be charged $500. Since I know I mailed it and since they did this to me before and later received my phone, I didn't worry too much. About a week later I emailed Asurion and they told me they had not received it and the tracking number does not exist which means the post office never received and scanned it. When I tracked it through the Post Office

with the number I peeled off of the label Asurion provided (see attached letter from Asurion) the Post Office shows that the number is invalid or does not exist. From my experience regarding sending packages, as soon as the label is created the number exists and when the package is received by the carrier, it shows as such and you are able to track where it is and if it had arrived.

So Asurion charged me $545 through my Sprint account. I have been a Sprint customer in good standing for almost 10 years. I have had other claims with Asurion and they have always received my phone, eventually. So now I have paid $200 for a replacement phone, paid the monthly insurance of $11 for over a year and now have been charged $545 for a phone I sent to them and do not possess. In total, if I were to pay the $545, I will have spent over $800 for a replacement phone when I could have purchased a brand new phone for less. What do I have insurance for? I am wondering if I can now report the phone stolen so I do not get charged the $545? I cannot afford the $545 so if this does not get resolved, I now will have to break contract with Sprint. And why did Asurion not tell me to send the phone through certified mail?

At one point, I checked the return status with Asurion and next to the status was a question mark. When I clicked on the question mark, it brought up a box that said "We have received a return, however, the device received does not match the device we are expecting back. In order to receive a refund, please return the correct device" (see attached). I called and told Asurion to return the incorrect device and was told that the message doesn't really mean anything. So I just checked again and now they have changed the message to "Our records show that the expected device has not been received. In order to receive a refund for the non-return, please return the device." So if the message doesn't mean anything why did they change it? I am so frustrated with this whole process. I don't know what to do now.

What an annoyance filing a claim! My 10 year old daughter's phone broke after only 2 1/2 months to NO fault of hers. The charging port was always a bit off center and made it annoying to plug in, but I thought that eventually it would even out. That was my major mistake. After only 2 1/2 months a piece of the inside of the port fell out, not allowing it to charge at all. I brought the phone to Verizon and they told me I would file a claim and get her new phone in about 2 days. Well that was not true at all. It's been 1 1/2 weeks and I just completed the 4 part of the process and it's going to cost $150! Why have insurance when to no fault of ours a piece literally falls out, and now we have to pay. It's completely ridiculous!

The screen didn't break, it didn't get wet, or any other issue that could've been caused by her. The port was faulty to begin with and we were told that had we brought it in within 7 days it would be different. That's crazy, 7 days in it was still charging, just a bit difficult getting it on the charger. We just figured it would probably become easier as time went on. Who would've thought the inside piece would fall out. What a disappointment that Verizon even does business with this company! It's insulting after being customers of 18 years with only 1 prior claim. Also, after reading all the other reviews, I can't believe Asurion hasn't been shut down for bad business. As a customer, you are completely helpless and have no choice but to deal with this nonsense. I'm calling Verizon to complain as well, and reporting this to anyone I can.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@ked808 wrote:

This is exactly what has happened to me and both Asurion and AT&T are denying all, not helping me, and not taking responsibility for their FRUAD! These companies are committing FRUAD! The phone that they sent me runs so hot I cannot hold it, so I am thinking I should just sue AT&T for physically harming me with their defective phone!

Asurion sent you the replacement phone, not AT&T.  Correct?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@ked808

If you just received a phone and it is defective, you must notify Asurion immediately of the problem.  

If you wait, you would have to make a new claim, new, high deductible.  

This has nothing to do with ATT.  They did not build the phone or replace the phone.  

You might want to tone down the attitude.  That is no way to get help, but a good way to be dismissed as an over reactive, aggressive person. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

I did do that!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

How would we know   you provided no information on what happened.  Timeline?  Why won't they replace?   

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

Seriously, that is your "professional" response? If you worked for me, you'd be fired for your rudeness!

Check your stupid records and you'd see this has been an ongoing issue for 8 months!

I contracted with AT&T therefore AT&T is responsible for this entire problem b/c you entered into a third party contract with a fraudulent company!

Read your own customer complaints via your forum-all with the same exact issue! Maybe you should pull your heads out  of the sand and handle this problem! Act like a company who actually cares!

Your customer service is horrific and every single person who has been contacted regarding this issue can and will be held PERSONNALLY responsible for the FRUAD you are committing! Check out the federal regulations and laws, if you committ FRUAD as an employee, you are still liable!

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

When you uphold the FRUAD of another, you are personnally liable!

So if all cell companies use Asurion then that is a monopoly, which is illegal! Perfect, I will be sure to add that to my formal complaint with our federal government regarding this company!

The FRUAD is Asurion LYING about not receiving returned phones and trying to collect both the deductible and price for entire phone, in addition to sending broken phones as replacements! That is FRUAD! You should really check your facts before you write stupid, uniformed, rude answers. 

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

If you have the receipt from the post office then you're covered.

All return labels, insurance and warranty, will print a label whenever it's scanned. That label is your insurance on the return shipping.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@ked808 wrote:
The FRUAD is Asurion LYING about not receiving returned phones and trying to collect both the deductible and price for entire phone, in addition to sending broken phones as replacements! That is FRUAD! You should really check your facts before you write stupid, uniformed, rude answers. 

Just because you don't like them doesn't mean the answers were rude!

If the answers are uninformed, it's from the LACK OF INFORMATION from you...

Seriously, that is your "professional" response? If you worked for me, you'd be fired for your rudeness!

Check your stupid records and you'd see this has been an ongoing issue for 8 months!

This is the COMMUNITY FORUM. Did you not see that when you signed up?

These people don't work for you, they are fellow customers! Not employees.

Clearly, you are the uninformed one being rude.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

AT&T has nothing to do with a defective phone, they give you means to replace them. AT&T provides you service , all phones you buy from AT&T are sent to them by a MANUFACTURER.  You know like Apple, Samsung, etc.   AT&T offers insurance through a 3rd party company, and the reason they can't do anything about your complaint, is because are not a liceansed insurance company. Asurion is, that's why you have to deal with them.  It would be against the law for AT&T to take any action about a claim made through insurance.  Stop and look into the facts before blaming people.   Just because you bought a phone in an AT&T store doesn't mean they are responsible if it is broken, they sell them at the store as a convince, so you don't have to deal with the manufacturer.  

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@phoneguy88 wrote:

Just because you bought a phone in an AT&T store doesn't mean they are responsible if it is broken, they sell them at the store as a convince, so you don't have to deal with the manufacturer.  

They kind of force you to buy some AT&T branded models if you want to have features like WiFi Calling and VoLTE.  

I kinda feel like they are in the loop a little bit.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.