Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Impacted by the government shutdown? AT&T can help.  Learn more

Agent Lied convinced me to upgrade 5 lines

Contributor

Agent Lied convinced me to upgrade 5 lines

Post-Paid long time customer looking at new phone options.  Customer Service Agent convinced me my best option was upgrade all my lines and I would get the BOGO.  So I worked with the agent and processed 5 upgrades the agent told me it would take up to 90 days to see the first credits for the 2 qualified devices. Now 4 months late still no credits so I reach out to customer service. Customers service agent digs through my account for 30 minutes to come back and tell me that I did not qualify for the BOGO because I had to start one new line to qualify, now I know that has been practice and specifically read through the upgrade BOGO details at the time and asked the agent multiple times if I needed a new line to qualify and the agent insisted I did not and no where in the online offer did it state a new line was required, so I requested a supervisor.  The supervisor comes on asks me to wait a few minutes comes back 10 minutes later and just copy and pastes what the original Agent said.  Basically I was lied to originally convinced to buy 5 devices based on the fact I would be credited for 2 of them. So now my bill is over double and they are not going to help me in anyway even though their agent completely lied to me.  But thanks AT&T its time to shop for a different provider.

Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: Agent Lied convinced me to upgrade 5 lines

@theman0steel If you knew that a new line was "normal" but didn't see it, I really hope you printed/saved a copy of that offer? But I have to think that since you didn't mention it, that wasn't the case.

What date did you do this?  What phones did you get?

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Agent Lied convinced me to upgrade 5 lines

I guarantee the new line requirement was there somewhere. Sometimes it’s not obvious where to find it and I’ve been fooled before thinking there was a BOGO offer that did not require a new line but every BOGO offer ATT has ever had has required a new line.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support