Need help understanding your bill?
dca10's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, January 23rd, 2013 12:57 PM

Adding Family out-of-state

My daughter has an AT&T family plan for her smartphone. She lives in NYC,NY and wants to add me to that plan. I also need to purchase a new Android smartphone. If she gives me her account info, pw and such, can I make this adjustment in my state? Also, will making this change allow me to buy my new phone at the discounted rate?How do we make this work while living in separate states? Thanks,  DA10

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

11 years ago

With AT&T, you cannot live in different areas and be on a family plan. The phone numbers have to be from the same rate area. You will have to change your phone number to one from her rate area to be on a family plan with her.
If she does add you to her family plan, you can only get a phone at a discounted rate if you are already upgrade eligible on your current account. If you don't have an AT&T account, then you can get a phone at a discounted rate.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

11 years ago

Gregzoll, I think the OP currently has Boost and is wanting to join his daughter and switch to AT&T, so this is the appropriate forum.

DCA10, yes, if your line is new to AT&T, you would qualify for a new customer discount.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks. Since she was able to keep her number (from my state) when establishing her AT&T account, my number (same area code) could possibly be kept. Right? Moving from Boost to AT&T should also allow me to get the phone discount also. Again, right?

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Boost is a different company, so there is no way to answer that question. There is a Boost Forum, that you can ask regarding that service.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks so muck, kdfederer, for taking the time to help me! DA10

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks,Gregzoll, for your help! DA10

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Bingo! Kudos for completing my query quest!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.