03-02-2014 12:26 PM
Solved by: Go to Solution.
03-02-2014 1:16 PM
Sorry about the badly condensed topic line. I have read about the new family rates for four lines or more. I think I understand most of it. I have a few questions.
My mother and sister in S.CA (310 area code) my wife and I in Oregon (971 & 503) and we both already own compatible devices. mother and sister are both in contract still.
1) no contracts are required for wife and I...
2) would we be able to port both our numbers considering we're in OR and they in CA?
3) would our lines be $15 each or $40 each?
and are there any other activation fees? or porting fees?
Presuming your mother/sister are already on the mobile share plan and you would be porting your lines to their plan:
1) Correct, no contract is required since you are bringing your own devices.
2) Yes, you should be able to port both numbers.
3) Your lines will be $15 provided the main data plan is 10GB or higher. There is a $36 activation fee for each line but ATT is running a promotion through the end of the month where you get a $100 bill credit for each new line. That will pay for the activation and several months worth of service. There is no porting fee.
Also, the owner of the current plan would have to add the lines, so coordinating that between your two locations might be difficult. It might be possible for the plan owner to authorize you on the account. If so, then you should be able to add the lines and port the numbers at an ATT store.
|01-23-2013 4:57 AM|
|09-21-2017 2:13 PM|
|12-28-2018 5:28 PM|
|11-09-2018 12:45 PM|
|08-18-2015 1:04 PM|