Need help understanding your bill?
3Windy1City2's profile

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, March 4th, 2017 6:03 AM

ATT does NOT honor there promotions!

In September of 2016 I upgraded my 2 IPhone 6+'s under the promotion of trade in your iPhone 6 or 6+ and get $650 of credit towards a new iPhone 7 for each line you upgrade. They told me it could take 2-3 billing cycles to apply to my account and I would get back credited for the months it wasn't applied. Well now I'm sitting and it's going on 7 months later and this issue is still not fixed. They have down under the promotion of "buy one, get one" which is crap also because I'm paying on both upgraded iPhone 7's. They have opened several "cases" and tell me it resolved and I end up in the same crappy place. I've been with this company for 5-6 years and I'm an installment payment away from dropping them.  I wouldn't trust this company not only because they don't honor promotions but also because even with my receipts showing the promotion, they still haven't fixed my issue. I'll make sure to pass this message through every form of social media also and hopefully hundreds or maybe thousands of people will see how AT&T doesn't honor there promotions and is basically a giant scam.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@3Windy1City2 A few questions before making suggestions (suggestions are generally based on the answers you give):

1. What model iPhone did you trade in?

2. Your purchased your iPhone 7 specifically on what date? (or order date)

3. You turned off Find My iPhone?

4. The turned in iPhone was definitely 100% paid off?

5. You purchased the new iPhone on Next? 

6. Have you been late for any of your payments since you purchased?

7. You turned the old iPhone in at the AT&T store or in the mail? 

8. What date did you turn in (or mail) the old iPhone?

9. Your receipt for turning it in said $0.00 for the trade in?

10. You removed the 4-digit passcode from the iPhone?

11. What condition was the turned in iPhone?

I recommend hitting REPLY/QUOTE, then hit QUOTE and typing the SHORT answers next to the question in ALL CAPS or bold.

If the answers vary widely between the two phones, you can just quote this twice.  

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I've answered those questions and I'm not gonna waste my time doing it again. I was in the store when I traded in my device and I have the receipt from the store confirming that everything was turned off on the phone correctly. I wasn't late on any payments. Yes it was 100% paid off. The only reason I upgraded is because I thought I was gonna have little to no payment.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@3Windy1City2 wrote:
I've answered those questions and I'm not gonna waste my time doing it again. I was in the store when I traded in my device and I have the receipt from the store confirming that everything was turned off on the phone correctly. I wasn't late on any payments. Yes it was 100% paid off. The only reason I upgraded is because I thought I was gonna have little to no payment.

I get my free iPhone 7 credits, they've been showing up every month! 

Waste of time? The answers to my questions (Yes/No/date) would have been way less than you typed and someone might have had some insight for you. Just trying to help out. 

I'm a customer here too.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Because every forum I've seen, the same questions have been asked and everyone has been with in the criteria to receive the credit and it's still not applied. There is never a solid answer and it doesn't get fixed. It's horrible.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@3Windy1City2 wrote:
Because every forum I've seen, the same questions have been asked and everyone has been with in the criteria to receive the credit and it's still not applied. There is never a solid answer and it doesn't get fixed. It's horrible.

I disagree, I've come up with lots of solid answers.

Unfortunately, it's usually something that shows that it doesn't meet the criteria of the offer.  People say they met the criteria but many times once we start asking questions we find out that's not that case. 

It's not often that we find something perfect and it's not getting the credits and when we do we make a reccomendation, but more often than not, we don't get more feedback saying they still aren't. Sometimes they come back and tell us they are getting results.  

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

ATT will have to honor a promotion if the requirements were all met.   More than a few times we have helped put fellow customers in touch with the right support people.  If it can't be resolved by ATT, it can be forced by reporting to BBB.  

But if you didn't qualify, then neither ATT, the BBB or anyone else can change that, and you would not get credits.   If you didn't qualify, then your post is incorrect.

Here is the promotion.  It wasn't difficult to meet the requirements. BUT..  If not followed to the letter, you don't get the credits.  Read it carefully.   

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1180261

We can't count the number of posts from people who said "I qualified", or "support said I qualified". When they did NOT, because they missed a requirement.  

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

I feel compelled to chime in here, @Gary L

As a loyal customer who is also going through a "promo issue" I understand that the promos have terms and guidelines however, who holds the moral responsibility if a customer is verbally told that they qualify, when only after months, informed otherwise.

I called to cancel one of my lines of service and the RETENTION rep and his supervisor talked me into a promo that is now not being honored. I personally read through the terms and conditions and specifically asked for the rep to involve his supervisor since the T&C stated a "port in" was needed. Him and his supervisor BOTH stated that if i cancelled that line (gave up my number I have had for a decade) and added as a new line of service, it would be 100% honored. I again asked, are you positive because I felt that was not the same as "porting in" from another provider. Again, was told "absolutely, it was valid" I even waited a few days to speak to my husband and when I called back to the retention department a second rep read the notes on my account. Again, I specifically asked him to verify with his supervisor that I would qualify for said promo based on the offer the previous rep offered. He came back on the line and said, "yes, as long as you cancel that line and add a new line with a new phone number it would be 100% fine" I even asked him to send me a written message stating the offer. He did and I have it saved. Well, four moths later and surprise, surprise! Not valid because of the "port in". Now, how does one deal with this? Not only is it false information but, it borderlines on immoral. If a rep for a company guarantees an offer, even when specifically asked about terms, that company should absolutely honor said offer! Especially when it was used as a tactic to keep a customer from cancelling a line of service. Very disappointing, indeed.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@CaliGal76 It seems pretty clear you knew they were wrong. You asked them FIVE times!
You read the terms, understood them and clearly didn't beleive the reps and you did it anyways...? 

Pretend you're reading a loan and it says 5% but the salesperson says it's 2% and you buy anyways (agree to what's in writing) and are bummed later that it's 5%. You clearly read it, what's the point of reading it if you're not going to pay attention to it?

To me, that's one half of the legal reason for of putting it in writing so that you don't get stuck when they don't tell you the truth, you have it in the "terms".

(Yes, it's absolutely wrong that they did this!)

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

When calling to cancel a line of service and being told "they can make offers to retain a customer" and ensuring me that they, and I quote, "have worked for this company a long time and would not offer something that was not valid" what more could I have done but, to trust (all 4) retention representatives other than just cancel? Which in hindsight, is exactly what I should have done. The whole thing is just wrong and with all due respect, your thought process and "reasoning" is exactly what makes me so upset. Customers now have to just accept the fact that it is our own vault we were bold face lied to? I don't agree, not at all. AT&T is the responsible party here. It is completely fraudulent to put out terms and conditions then wash your hands of (a multitude) of employees who disregard said t&c and offer anything to meet a quota or make commissions. It is a sad, sad world when one can not even trust their stinking phone company. Good grief. Also, they can absolutely make this right. I have all the documentation, including his offer in a Post Call Notification Summary. It is clear that I was told so, the ethical thing to do is to honor their word. I guess I am just a bit "old school" but, to me doing the right thing is always the best for business not throwing T&Cs in someone's face and saying, "even though you trusted what our REPRESENTATIVES were saying, you're the fool for believing them" So slimy!

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

p.s. something is going on within the company itself when there are as many posts as there are on this public forum stating that they were given offers that ended up not "meeting the criteria". Don't they make their EMPLOYEES read the fine print?! I bet they absolutely do (if you recall I even pointed one bit of questionable criteria 5 times to the rep) and was guaranteed they knew what they were doing. Sadly, this leads to one conclusion, sell/retain at all costs and blame it on the customer for trusting us. Our word means nothing and we've got these T&Cs to throw in their naive faces. What a great business model. If this wasn't true and there just so happens to be a large number of untrained employees, then again, why not just do the right thing by your customer and honor that offer?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.