Need help understanding your bill?
Almobile's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, July 10th, 2018 3:13 AM

ATT changed data plan without my approval or consent!

ATT is sneaking in change customers' data plan without customer awareness, without my approval or my consent. 

It doesn't matter how much has increased even $1. My money and ATT does to every subscribers,,, then ATT is making more of 150M subscribers x $5? 

What is going on?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

Since they notified everyone effected, that’s not very “sneaky” is it.   🙄

If you don’t want more data at a nominal cost, the current Flex plan may meet your needs and cost less for the same data plan.

https://www.att.com/plans/wireless/mobile-share-flex.html

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

My plan was changed and I was not notified at all....

Tutor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Same thing happened to me.  They said they sent me a text but I never received it. Customer service said it happened "in error."  Why do I have to call and complain in order for the error to be corrected.  I'm sure this was a very profitable "error" that occurred to a lot of people.  Changing customers plans and billing them more without their consent isn't just an error, it's unethical.  

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@sc1207 @Maja12790

Check your printed bill from the previous months bill (which you can find on-line as a PDF) in the News you can use section, I bet it's in there.

@sc1207 wrote:

Customer service said it happened "in error."  Why do I have to call and complain in order for the error to be corrected.  I'm sure this was a very profitable "error" that occurred to a lot of people.  

Saying it was an error was the error. The Mobile Share advantage plans intentionally got a price increase of $5 (or $10 depending on the plan). 

Changing customers plans and billing them more without their consent isn't just an error, it's unethical.  

Cable companies change the cost of your plans all the time. They also change the channel lineups without consent.

I'd have to guess your water, electrical and gas companies do the same.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

6 years ago

they dont need your permission or consent to change anything thats a result of no contracts.

• 

25.7K Messages

6 years ago

It's horrible!!. Let's report it. We never know HOW MANY OTHER COMPLAINTS ARE OUT THERE UNLESS WE INDIVIDUALLY TAKE ACTION

Get Help from a Third Party

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

6 years ago

@Anonymous wrote:

It's horrible!!. Let's report it. We never know HOW MANY OTHER COMPLAINTS ARE OUT THERE UNLESS WE INDIVIDUALLY TAKE ACTION

Get Help from a Third Party

Report what? That AT&T changed something? Nothing wrong with that. Do you report it when the supermarket stops carrying the 12 oz can of peaches and you have to buy the 16 oz can if you want peaches? Will you file a complaint when the car dealer stops selling the 2018 models and only has the higher-priced 2019 models?

Companies can change their products and pricing at will. Your choice is to go with it or change, either your AT&T plan or your cell phone carrier.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Anonymous

Wake up.  Carriers no longer use service contracts.  They can change whatever they want.  

Dont like it?  Pay off your phones and find a new carrier.  Rinse, repeat...

Most people are happy with the big data bump at a nominal price.  Some aren’t happy with change.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

The issue is not that ATT changed their rates, it is that they changed the data plan itself without the user consent and thus the bill was higher. That does not seem legal.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

The supermarket does not force you to buy the 16oz can if you don't want it and the car dealer does not make you to buy at 2019 model if you want the 2018 model...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.