Explore & discover

Helpful Links

ATT account shut down

Highlighted
Contributor

ATT account shut down

We had att wireless service, and recently switched to Verizon. However, I still have an Ipad on my att account. I tried to log into my att account to see how much I owe on the devices, and it looks like my att account is shut down. It is not finding my phone number or email address. How am I supposed to pay my devices off and pay my final bill?

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Sage (ACE - Sage)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎03-27-2018 2:43 PM

Re: ATT account shut down

If they closed your account, you should receive a final bill in the mail. You can also call.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
ACE - Master

@johnsover wrote:

We had att wireless service, and recently switched to Verizon. However, I still have an Ipad on my att account. I tried to log into my att account to see how much I owe on the devices, and it looks like my att account is shut down. It is not finding my phone number or email address. How am I supposed to pay my devices off and pay my final bill?

Note: If you haven't called AT&T, then your iPad has not been cancelled and you won't have a final bill. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 5
ACE - Expert

@MicCheck wrote:

@johnsover wrote:

Note: If you haven't called AT&T, then your iPad has not been cancelled and you won't have a final bill. 

Not necessarily. If the iPad line was not cancelled, the OP should still have account access. Since a tablet can not be the only line on a phone plan, the tablet line likely did get cancelled when all the phone lines were ported. Even if the iPad was automatically moved to an iPad only plan, the account would still be active.

Message 4 of 5
ACE - Master

@sandblaster wrote:

@MicCheck wrote:

@johnsover wrote:

Not necessarily. If the iPad line was not cancelled, the OP should still have account access. Since a tablet can not be the only line on a phone plan, the tablet line likely did get cancelled when all the phone lines were ported. Even if the iPad was automatically moved to an iPad only plan, the account would still be active.

Good point.

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support