Need help understanding your bill?
LtColUSMCMark's profile

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

Friday, November 10th, 2017 3:56 AM

ATT Has no idea what they're doing.

I purchased 2 iPhone 8+ on Oct 27.  I received one from the store, and the other was not in stock, so I was told it would be shipped.  I anxiously awaited, tracking the shipment.  Well, it was last tracked in Dallas, and hasn't moved since Oct. 30.  Today, I went into the store, who told me that I needed to file a claim with UPS.  I told them that I am not the shipper.  I can not file a claim.  They said FILE A CLAIM AND CALL 611 AND THEY WOULD DEAL WITH IT.  I spend 3 hours in the store.

I called 611.  Talked with no less then 6 people and 2 managers.  Nobody knew how to deal with this issue.  I was on the phone twice, for over 4 hours.  Finally, I got someone to wait while I 3 wayed UPS in on the call.  UPS told me that their contract with ATT REQUIRED ATT to be on the line to start a claim.  They did it, and asked where it was to be sent. The ATT Rep was clueless as to where to send the paperwork.  He gave them the main ATT 1800 number.  I am sure it will be routed to the correct department...Yeah, right.

They said that they would transfer me to sales.  I was transferred back to the rudest person who told me that there was nothing they could do, and to go to the store and have them contact retail Support.  Really?  I'm out a phone for 2 weeks with no end in sight.  A 15 year customer, a Disabled Retired 25 year USMC Lt Col. with 8 combat tours.  What a way to treat a customer...  I'm paying for a phone I don't have, and will not have for the foreseeable future.  I thought I was back on active duty with the runaround I got from 10 people.

Lt. Col. Mark, USMC Ret.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

6 years ago

@LtColUSMCMark wrote:

I purchased 2 iPhone 8+ on Oct 27.  I received one from the store, and the other was not in stock, so I was told it would be shipped.  I anxiously awaited, tracking the shipment.  Well, it was last tracked in Dallas, and hasn't moved since Oct. 30.  Today, I went into the store, who told me that I needed to file a claim with UPS.  I told them that I am not the shipper.  I can not file a claim.  They said FILE A CLAIM AND CALL 611 AND THEY WOULD DEAL WITH IT.  I spend 3 hours in the store.

I called 611.  Talked with no less then 6 people and 2 managers.  Nobody knew how to deal with this issue.  I was on the phone twice, for over 4 hours.  Finally, I got someone to wait while I 3 wayed UPS in on the call.  UPS told me that their contract with ATT REQUIRED ATT to be on the line to start a claim.  They did it, and asked where it was to be sent. The ATT Rep was clueless as to where to send the paperwork.  He gave them the main ATT 1800 number.  I am sure it will be routed to the correct department...Yeah, right.

They said that they would transfer me to sales.  I was transferred back to the rudest person who told me that there was nothing they could do, and to go to the store and have them contact retail Support.  Really?  I'm out a phone for 2 weeks with no end in sight.  A 15 year customer, a Disabled Retired 25 year USMC Lt Col. with 8 combat tours.  What a way to treat a customer...  I'm paying for a phone I don't have, and will not have for the foreseeable future.  I thought I was back on active duty with the runaround I got from 10 people.

Lt. Col. Mark, USMC Ret.

What did UPS say when you contact them about the shipment?

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

6 years ago

They said it was lost.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

(Sigh).  

@ATTTimCS  can you put the team on this please?

@LtColUSMCMark  Thank for your service.  ATT runs with all the efficiency of the Army at times.  (See what I did there?).  🇺🇸

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

6 years ago

Why does this say "SOLVED"?  I have no phone and nobody from ATT has contacted me...  I don't believe that they even have the order number or my name... 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

I don’t know why it was marked, it shouldn’t be.  I un marked.  

Please update if you don’t get a response from someone in advanced support  by end of Monday.  You can tag my screen name with the @ Symbol so I see it in notices.  

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

6 years ago

@lizdance40

No contact.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

@LtColUSMCMark 

Thanks for letting me know.  I’m going to try something else.   

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks.  The store won't help and CS won't help.  This is insane.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

I’m sure We won’t get a response tonight.  I’ll keep being a pest till something pops.  

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

6 years ago

@lizdance40

Thank you.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.