For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
sllmomof3's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, July 26th, 2017 4:05 PM

ATT/DIRECTTV BUY ONE GET ONE OFFER

I recently (June 30) transferred two new lines over from Verizon to my existing ATT account, both new phones were Iphone 7s.  My mother who received one of these phones and has used it for 3 weeks thinks it's too small and wants to use her 6 plus phone again.  Does switching the phones out void this promotion if the number still stays with ATT?  Can anyone then use the other phone?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@sllmomof3 You can't "switch it", you bought it. You can sell it or give it to someone else to use, but you have to keep making the monthly payments to get the credits.  

You can't get a new phone with Next on that line (since you're already paying for a phone that way). You can buy it on a different line or pay full price.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you for your reply.  So sounds like my mother can use her unlocked iphone 6 plus instead of the new iphone 7 (just switch sim cards).  I can then use the new iphone 7?  Can I do this immediately or do I need to wait for the next few billing cycles?  I just don't want to void the "free" phone credit.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.